ㅇ Sickness ㅇ

Author's Note
I want to change my intro so it doesn't take up a lot of space. Happy Reading ^.^

Chapter 33

----------------------
In Kaitlin's POV
I opened the door to his room, he was sitting on his desk chair reading. Before I interrupted. I took in a deep breathe.

"May I bother you for a minute?" I asked pooping my head into the door, I received no answer, I quickly made my way inside the room, closing the door behind me, "Here." I said placing the charm on his desk he simply looked at it. "Tomorrow is the National Center Test, so. . . you are taking it, aren't you?" I asked.

"I submitted the application." he said looking at his book.

"Good." I said starring at his back. "Unless. . . you have a school you want to go to. . . I think your parents would be very happy if you went to the university of New York. . . I always give my father a hard time, I wish I had opportunities like you to make my father happy." I said to him, I noticed he lifted his gaze from the book forward. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Well that's it. I'll stop bothering." I said turning around, lifting my hand off of him and walking towards his door.

"What are you?" I heard his voice. I made a 360 turn to face him "Planning to do in college?" He continued.

"What am I planning to do?" I said restating the question. "I will study and make friends. . ."

"You are going there to study?... which you don't even enjoy doing." He said. I smiled. "I don't understand. . . why is everyone desperate to go to college." He added.

"I know that colleges are supposed to be for people like you to study." I said walking back up to his desk. "You know, so that you can learn from professionals."

"I'm not thinking of going to college, I don't need someone to teach me in college, I can learn by myself." He said I looked right at him.

"But you get qualifications for something you do in the future." I added furrowing my eyebrows.

"Well, then. . . What do you want to do?" Nick asked starring at me, he was dead serious about his future, that he was willing to know what I plan for mine.

"I don't know, but you find out what you want to do when you are in college. You shouldn't use your smart brain for just yourself. You need to utilize it for New York's development." I smilied, but I could see Nick smilling too.

"You are amazing." He said very seriously. My smile left I was confused by what he meant. "I've always thought... 'Why does she put her whole self into things?'-- and, --'she puts her whole self into doing something. . . yet why can't she do it?'--I was impressed, by the amount of times you failed. That don't compare to the amount of times you kept trying." He finished, but I had a feeling he had a smirk crawling onto his face.

"Are you being sarcastic?" I asked. She shook his head.

"I wish. . . I could be like that." My head turned sideways I was dead confused, he startled himself and took his gaze off of me. "I have to get up early tomorrow. I'd better go to sleep." He turned his chair and was now facing me. Nick always made my heart flutter but currently, these days, I notice the spark has died down. There aren't dragons in my stomach anymore, now they are only butterflies. This makes my sad, but I know I kind of still like him now but it is only a crush, I'm not sure If my love is strong anymore.

"Yes, goodnight." I said, he stood up and made his way around me. "I"m putting this on your bag." I said to him, he was now in his closet. I quickly ran over to his bag and quadruple noted the charm to his bag. So it will never fall off.

Next Morning

I was at the dinning table with everyone, even my father. We were eating breakfast.

"Nick is late." I heard Mrs Louis say. I see what she was saying Nicholas is in fact late, and today is the National Center test.

"Don't tell me that he isn't going to take the test." Said Mr Louis.

"Don't worry he knows how you feel about this." My father said to him.

"But he can be stubborn sometimes." Mr. Louis said, once mister Louis said that Nick made his way through the living room into the dinning room. He saw us starring blankly at him,

"What is it?" Nick said annoyed at our explicit staring.

"Good Morning, Nick. What a pleasant morning, Here is you lunch." Mrs louis said getting up and handing a brown paper bag to him.

"Thanks. . ." Nick said grabbing the bag, immediately he started to cough.

"What's wrong, Nick?" Mr louis asked his son.

"I feel a little hot. I might have gotten a cold." He said looking at nobody.

"That's not good. We need some egg right now." Mrs. Louis said touching Nick's forehead Everyone started going lunatic because of Nick's sickness.

"Medicine, medicine. . !" I said rushing to the cabinets.

"It's okay. I'm going now." Nick said looking at everyones state.

"Nicholas, take this. It will work well." I said rushing to him with a pill bottle and water. He grabbed a pill placed it on his tongue and drank water.

"There is no way that this pill is going to make me sleepy right?" He asked, I immediately grabbed the pill bottle and started to read, the results were not so great.

"Avoid driving a car after use..." I said reading the bottle.

"Throw it up, Nick!" Mr Louis said yelling, my father was holding a bucket, and Mr. louis was trying to place his fingers in Nicks mouth.

"That's enough. . . Bye" Nick said grabbing his back pack and heading out.

"Will he be okay?" I asked mostly to myself.

Nick's POV

I made it to the metro stop, I was walking down the stairs when I heard Will's voice. Wishing it was a certain somebody else's.

"Nice charm, is it hand-made?" He said touching the pendant that was on my backpack. "Perhaps that girl that lives with you made it." He said. I kept the charm, after hearing Kaitlin's talk with my mother. She really is something special, but probably not for me. I have seemed to want to converse with her, as I've grown attached to her talking. This mere feeling irritates me, I've never felt this emotion before which scares the crap out of me. I don't know if I want to keep it, or remove it for good.

"Good Morning to you too, Will." I said rolling my eyes.

"Good morning, don't worry, I like her. It seems your polar opposite personalities were meant to be together." He said, Im sure he was referring to Kaitlin. We made it to the elevator which was pretty packed, but there was enough space for both of us. I was stuck at the very front of the elevator Once we reached the floor on which we will board the metro. Will got out first, then I did but I didn't make it far till my arm was pulled back. When I looked at my backpack it was stuck.

Author's Note

1000+ words in this chapter and In Nick's POV Happy Reading ^.^