Together

"Well, I just thought that it's been a while since I've had Dads food." ~Kaitlin Jackson

Chapter 56
---------------------

I walked into the kitchen, where I found Mrs. Louis riding up the kitchen.

"Mrs Louis..." I said showing my presence.

"Kaitlin, how'd the interview go?" I didn't know what expression was on my face.

"It was a bust." I said to her. "The girl that's with Nick in the Science and Engineering department, she got the job." I said with a fake smile.

"Could it be? That the female..." She said reaching into her apron. She took out a picture of Elizabeth, and smacked it onto the refrigerator. "Is Elizabeth Welting?" She said.

"Mrs. Louis how long have you known...?" I said shocked, she really is no joke.

"I told you, the worlds information is my information. Sure, she's kind of pretty, she has a good body, and her intelligence isn't terrible either, but. She. Will. Not. Work. She's not Nick's type you know." She said crossing her arms.

"Is that so?" I said looking at her.

"Of course. I'm sure she knows that too. That's why she tried to get the job. She's approaching him desperately." I felt embarrassed.

"If you say it that way, I also applied for the same job." I looked down, but I had a smile, so she wouldn't feel bad.

"Anyway, you're the best for Nick. There's no mistake since I, who raised him, am telling you this." She said coming next to me. "Such a woman," she said point guard to Elizabeth, "can be driven away if you put your mind to it." I sighed, another mission that can fail miserably. She grabbed a knife and swung it around.

"Mrs. Louis the knife..!" I said.

"Oh this? I was cutting a mackerel." I laughed nervously.

"Ah... A mackerel.." I said as she went back to cutting the said sea creature.

***

"They're working in the same place?!" Jade yelled.

"Yeah, and what's worse it the she said Nick himself told her that he worked there." They looked at each other.

"But why did the guys from the Science and Engineering depart said that he didn't even tell them." Sasha said.

"That's right, he didn't even tell his family where he worked." I said placing my head on my hand.

"It doesn't make sense, then why would he tell Elizabeth about his job himself." Jade added.

"When a person changes his life, there is always something that triggers it. For example, you started playing tennis because of Nick. That means Nick started living alone because of Elizabeth?!" Sasha said, surprising herself with the outcome.

"There's no way! Nick said that he didn't hate me!" I yelled, I was really frustrated.

"Well we don't know for sure, but there's a difference between not hating someone and liking someone, you get me?" She added. I know why I was getting heated, it's because she was right.

"Up until now he really didn't like girl did he? Then that means..." Jade started freaking out, I sighed.

"If it wasn't something big... I don't think he would have moved out of his comfortable house." Sasha added.

"I agree." Jade said.

***

I was in my fathers restaurant, I really don't want to go home right now.