Part 1

Lay's POV

"TAO!!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN MY PHONE???" I scream to him. I look under my bed and under all my clothes.

"WE NEED TO GO TO THE STORE! WE RAN OUT OF FOOD!" Tao screams back at me.

I groan. "This is really getting out of hand."

I run out of my room and bump into Tao running and screaming.

"What? What? Why are you screaming!?" I try to calm him down.

"I-I s-saw a cockr-roach in the kitchen!" Tao spits out while vigorously pointing to the kitchen floor.

I facepalm. "Tao, your a man of martial arts." I walk over to the kitchen to see what the big deal was.

And there I see it, the biggest cockroach I have EVER seen.

"IT'S THE SIZE OF A SHOE, MY GOSH!!" I scream and jump onto a counter. Tao does the same.

I turn to him. "A-Are you crying?"

"It's bigger than my hand, I could die!" He cries, feeling no shame.

The cockroack suddenly jumps causing Tao and I to scream and fumble on the small counters.

"Call your mom, call your mom!" Tao hands me the home phone with shaky hands.

I quickly dial her number while taking quick looks at the cockroach.

My mom finally picks up after two rings.

"Hello-"

"MOM SAVE US! HELP US! HELP! HURRY!" I yell over the phone. Tao starts gripping my arm really hard.

"What? Why?" My mom asks. I hear car keys on the other line.

"There's a big cockroach! And its moving towards us!" I explain. Tao whimpers as the cockroach starts crawling towards us.

"What? I raised you to be a man, a cockroach, really?"

"No, no, you don't understand! It's the size of my hand!"

"Nonsense!"

"Just hurry up and come over!" I scream and hang up. I'm not normally this rude, but my life could be on the line.

After a few minutes, my doorbell rings. My mom doesn't live far.

"Who's going to get it?" I ask.

"THAT'S YOUR MOM, GO!" Tao screams without hesitating.

I groan. I rest my heart before I jump. I quickly run off to the door.

"Go, go kill it!" I say and point to the kitchen as soon as I see my mom.

"Aish! Where?" My mom takes out a fly swatter.

"Trust me, you will know!" I follow behind her cautiously.

As soon as my mom sets eyes on her, I expect her to scream, but she just scoffs at me and Tao.

"Seriously, this little roach?"

"LITTLE?!" Tao exclaims with tear stains. He wrapped himself into a ball.

"I've seen and killed these so many times back in my day. This is nothing, you should see the ones in our old basement." My mom swiftly picks up the cockroach and throws it out the window. The cockroach scurries away into a bush.

I stand there in shock.

"This place is a mess! Where are your manners?" She swats my head with the fly swatter.

"Well, we were cleaning, then we saw this!" Tao explains coming back to his senses.

"You guys need a maid." My mom says and looks through our fridge. "No food either! That's it, you guys need a maid and I know the perfect person." She pulls out her phone and dials someone's number.

"No, I don't think we nee-" Mom puts her finger on my lips.

"Hello, who is this? Ah, yes, may I speak to her, please. Oh, thank you."

"Really, I don't think we will need a maid." I try to convince her.

Having a maid is like having a slave, I don't like bossing people around.

"Shh, mommy's on the phone."

Gracie's POV

"Gracie! Someone is asking for you! Here, the phone." Julie calls for me.

I get up from my bed. "Who is it?"

"Someone from...the formal black and white party you attended last week."

"Oh, Miss Lisa, gimme!"

Miss Lisa is this kind elder who I met at a formal party I attended. I was a caterer for her, but I no longer have that job. I wonder what she wants.

"Hello....yes this is Gracie....yes I do...yes that too, but what for.... I can check it out....when do you want me to meet you....oh I live, I'll just send it to you, my number is 909-876-2238, ok thank you...bye."