Part 42

So sorry for not posting! Please forgive me! I'll try to update now! Enjoy!

Gracie's POV

"Yixing's looking fine in that suit." My dad whispers to me as we walk down the carpet.

I shove him softly. "Dad!"

He laughs and turns me around once we walked to the end of the carpet. "Now hear me out, sweetie."

I smile at him. "Yes?"

"This is your big day and you look beautiful. Yixing is up there ready to commit his life to you." My dad tells me.

I nod. "Yes, dad, I know what a wedding is."

He smiles. "Ok, now, let me tell you other thing." He leans in and whispers in my ear, "Your mom and I made a bet to see who will cry first."

"Dad!" I giggle.

"Go get married. Go get married, Gracie."

I hug my dad and kiss his cheek through my veil.

I turn around and meet Lay's eyes. My heart flies to the heavens when I see him smile brightly at me.

I pick up my dress and slowly walk up the steps. I finally make my way to Lay and smile at Julie before making eye contact with him.

"My goodness, Gracie." I hear him whisper.

I blush. "I can hear you, angel."

"I know you can." Lay takes my hands. "I really want to kiss you right now."

My cheeks boil up. "Lay, yo-you're gonna make me cry."

"You may say your vows." The person marrying us announced. "We'll start with Zhang Yixing."

He nods and looks at me straight in the eyes. "Of course, Gracie."

I gulp. I try to breath calmly so I won't burst into tears yet.

"Gracie, you are my princess, the love of my life, the one who made me happy and confident. I was always not into the romantic things when I was younger. Getting married or having a love wouldn't even cross my mind at all when I was young. But after seeing you, after having a day with you, I-I started to rethink things..."

I cough away my tears. "Yixing..."

"I rethought everything. I now understand why things are the way they are. I understand why couples kiss all the time, why boys make-make up such crazy ideas on how to ask out their crushes on prom night."

I laugh. His grip on my hands tighten.

"I understand now. I used to be disgusted, to be honest. But really right now, all I want to do is kiss you. I just want to get on with life and show you how much I love you. I want to surprise you with a nice dinner or a nice movie. And I thought I would be the young and immature little boy when I got older, but nope. Here I am...with you...in such an amazing dress. I-I don't regret anything. All those people who thought it was weird that I was in love with my maid, I don't care about what they thought, I never did because I know my heart. I trusted my heart ever since my mom told me about love. Sure, I was 10 years old, I trusted my mom and her words. I trusted my heart. Sure, my heart got me into weird situations in school and got me teased alot, but it led me here. My heart led me to this very spot. My heart let me to the very moment I was about to kiss you. Our first kiss, our first date, our first night together, I didn't think I was capable do that with you, let alone make it THIS far."

Julie hands me a tissue swiftly and I quickly wipe my tear-stained cheeks.

"Gracie, I love you. Way more than any other guy. Except your dad, of course."

"You got that right." My dad shouts making everyone laugh.

I laugh and cough on my tears.

"I'm so so so so so glad you came into my life. You don't know how much better my life has gotten with you apart of it. You are my princess and I will treat you like it. Maybe I will make a few mistakes, probably disappoint you at some points, but I will truly try hard to make it up to you. So let me, Gracie, let me make you my princess."

"Awh..." I play with my dress.

"But," Lay holds up one finger. "Soon, you'll be my queen and I will be your king. Because someone will become our princess or prince. Maybe, you will be the queen and I'll be your joker when you're feeling down."

I nod. "That'd be perfect."

"I love you and I'll be here to tell you that everyday!"