Part 21

Gracie's POV

"Bird?!" I yell at Baekhyun. He was flapping and moving his neck in a weird way.

"W-What kind!" Chanyeol yells.

"Uh, uh! Pigeon!" I scream as the other team starts counting down.

"Yes! Yes! Whoo!" Baekhyun and i high five each other.

"Wow! You're pretty good at this game." Lay gives me a hug.

"Yeah. What can I say? This was my childhood game and I CRUSHED MY CLASSMATES too." I punch Lay in the arm.

"Haha, ok calm down, sweetie." Lay laughs and ruffles my hair.

I can't help but smile controllably when he said "sweetie".

I walk over to the score board where Julie and Tao were keeping track.

"Why are you blushing?" Julie asks me once she sees my face.

I bring my hands to my face. "What? Oh nothing."

Julie winks at me and turns back to Tao.

I laugh at her and check the score board.

"Oh, that last one that Gracie got put us in the lead! Go, Gracie!" Sehun yells and gives me a high five.

"Gracie! I never knew you were so competitive." Chanyeol says.

I laugh. "Me? Competitive? Ahaha!"

"Huh?"

"Gracie is the EXACT opposite of competitive. If there's such a thing. She would always be the 'MC' in games. She asked when playing tag and even in volleyball. She gave up a turn for a little random boy at the zoo. She would always give things away for the little ones. Maybe even adults or total strangers." Julie jumps in.

I cross my arms and nod. "It's true. I just really like this game. No matter your age or whatever, I will be ruthless!"

Everyone laughs and pats my back.

I look again them in confusion. "I'm not joking."

"Ok, we should be getting ready for bed." Suho claps his hands to get our attention.

"What? But we didn't finish the game!" I complain.

"You guys won, we should get rest." Suho pats my shoulder and takes down the board.

"What? What is this? No, you guys didn't get a turn yet!" I argue.

"Gracie, sweetie, it's ok. Let's get some rest." Lay pulls me down on the couch.

I cross my arms. "This didn't end up right."

"It didn't, but we're tired."

"Ok, fine. We will have a rematch later." I raise up my finger. "And I will win fair and square."

Lay laughs and kisses my cheek. "You're adorable!"

"Thank you." I rest my forehead on his and peck his lips.

"I should get more than that!" Lay pouts.

I scoff. "What more do you want?"

"You know..." Lay leans in closer and points to his lips.

"I'm tired, Yixing." I laugh.

"Gracie!" He whines.

I get up and start to walk upstairs. "It's late. I'll give you a kiss later. I need to gather up my stuff and leave."

"No!" I hear Lay whine like a little kid. I continue to walk up the stairs.

"You can wait right?" I ask.

"Will I get more than a kiss if I wait longer?"

"You will get whatever you want!" I joke. I laugh at myself as I walk into my room.

"You are such an idiot." Julie sighs and shakes her head.

"Oh my- Julie! You startled me!" I stomp at her and close the door behind me. "What are you talking about?"

"You should be more romantic with Zhang Yixing!" Julie stands up and starts to fix my hair.

"Wha-What are you- Julie stop it! My hair has nothing to do with romance. And why?" I swat her hands away.

"You can't even kiss him?" Julie shakes her head once more. "Why are you so shy?"

"You don't understand! We were in front of his friends. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun were watching us. It was awkward." I sigh.

"So?"

"What do you mean..so?"

"Never mind."

"Look. I am still getting used to the dating thing. I really like him and I don't want to mess anything up. So I'm going slowly and I'm sure he understands."