Part 19

Lay's POV

"It's funny." Kai says.

"What?" I stop eating. Everyone faces me.

"Chanyeol and Baekhyun told us about Gracie before we came. They told us how Gracie was your neighbor and that was your first time meeting each other. Now, she's your girlfriend and working for you." Kai laughs. "That's really fast, Yixing."

I frown. "Well..."

"Is she going to stay your girlfriend? Do you think your relationship will last?" D.O asks while chewing his food. "I don't mean to make you feel bad."

"Well, I-I don't really know. Like I said, we don't know much about each other, but that doesn't mean we won't."

Suho sighs. "Well, we know you don't have much experience on dating, but dating someone who works for you is quite stressing."

"It hasn't happened to me, but I have seen movies and dramas about it." Sehun states. "It made Luhan cry."

I shrug. "It's not like we've been dating for a month. We still have time to get to know one and another."

"Will she have time. She does have a job." Kai sighs. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not against you or Gracie."

"Where's Tao?" Sehun asks suddenly.

"He's...somewhere, probably with Julie." I answer.

"W-What? He's dating someone too? Who's Julie?" Everyone questions.

"She's Gracie's best friend and housemate. They're like us, but less awkward." I explain quietly.

"Oh, of course." They start laughing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracie's POV

Everyone settles down in the home. They're playing games, catching up with each other, and teasing one another.

I am seated on the couch awkwardly watching over them. I take little glances at Lay. He's having a great time laughing and playing with his friends. I smile. Their friendship is really special.

"Hey! Tao!" I hear everyone yell. Tao closes the door with a small bag in his hand. It had a little pink cupcake on it. I can tell he was with Julie because she loves that cupcake place.

Tao smiles and waves to all them. He greets them with a hug.

"Oh, cupcakes!" Kai and Sehun try to grab the bag, but Tao stops them.

"These are not for you. Your gifts are not here." Tao hides the bag behind him.

Everyone groans and goes back to doing what they were doing. Tao runs upstairs, sneaking behind Miss Lisa.

I decide to get up and clean the mess the boys made. As I was about to pick the game board, Baekhyun stops me.

"You don't have to clean this up." He takes the board away from me. "We're old enough to clean after ourselves."

"N-No, it's ok. It's my job." I try to grab it from him, but he holds it above his head.

"Nope, I'll put it away." Baekhyun smiles at me and puts it back into its box.

"Are you always like this?" I laugh and pick up the little pieces.

Baekhyun joins me. "You could say that."

"BAEKHYUN-AH, GET OVER HERE!" Chanyeol calls to him.

Baekhyun smiles at me then leaves.

"Funny." I laugh to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, boys, I'm leaving! I won't be here tomorrow, so be good to Gracie, ok?" Miss Lisa waves to the boys before leaving.

Everyone nods and waves goodbye.

"W-Wait-"

The door closes.

Great, I'm here alone. Maybe I'll invite Julie over. She might be home by now.

I run upstairs to the room I have and grab my phone. I dial Julie.

"J-Julie?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you come over?"

"To Tao's?"

"Who else?"

"I was already invited...by Tao...haha, I'm getting ready. I'll be over in 5 minutes."

"Ok, see ya."

"See ya."

I throw my phone on the queen-sized bed and fall back onto it.

"What?" I say to myself. I cover my face and start squealing.

"Everything ok?"

I quickly sit up and see Lay leaning on the doorframe.

I sigh. "Yeah, everything's fine. I'm just slow at getting used to something that came at me so fast."

Lay nods. "I understand." He walks over and sits next to me.

I smile at him and rest my head on his shoulder. "You're the one making me get through all this, though. You're the one keeping me motivated."

Lay kiss my head and strokes my hair. "I'm so glad I mean that much to you."

"I've never felt like this so soon about another man." I confess quietly. "You mean a lot to me even though I don't know much about you. That's also something I want to do with you."

"You are the sweetest thing." He lefts my head up and gives me a kiss. "Let's go out on a date on Saturday. I hear the weather will be nice."

I smile brightly at him. "Sounds like a plan!"