Part 37

Gracie's POV

"W-What do you mean 'mommy'?" I ask.

Lay takes a deep breath and takes my hands. "I love you."

I open my mouth to speak, but Lay shushes me.

"I love you, Gracie. I was late because I was picking up something really important."

"Yixing..."

"I already told you about how I felt about you. How words can barely describe how I feel about you."

I nod. He grips my hands and steps closer.

"I c-can't imagine a life without you. I can't process the fact that you're not there waiting. I also can't imagine you waiting for me for SO long." He continues. "I don't want to keep you waiting. You might slip out of my fingers without me knowing. And I could regret it SO badly. I don't want that happening. I don't want regrets. I don't my life to be miserable because of my fears. All I want is...you."

I giggle at his over-pronunciation at "So".

"I want you."

"You have me."

"For my entire life." Lay pulls out a small box.

I gasp and cover my mouth. Tears start forming in my eyes as I see Lay look at me and smile.

"Is that...?"

Lay opens the box. "I-I want to live my life with you. I want to wake up beside you every morning and know you're going to be there again tomorrow and the next day."

I hold my hands to my chest and smile. "Oh..."

Lay holds out the box and then brings it back to his chest. "I-I-uh. Y-You um. This is...this is harder than I thought, um."

"Let me try." I say.

He nods.

"Zhang Yixing, I've loved you for a long time already. I love so many things about you and you make me smile through good or bad. Knowing you're my angel makes me-" My voice starts to crack as I burst into tears.

"Are you ok?" Lay leans down.

"THIS IS WHY WOMEN DON'T PROPOSE!" I cry out.

Lay nods. "Ok, ok. Gracie?"

"Yeah." I wipe away my tears and cover my puffy eyes.

"W-Will you make me the most luckiest person alive and look past my cheesiest..."

I laugh.

Lay grabs my hand and brings it down. "I want to see your beautiful face right now."

Tears start to form again and I choke.

"Will you take this ring and be my wife?"

I nod multiple times and jump into his arms.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course, yes!" I shout and kiss his ear.

"Oh, thank you, thank you so much." He replies with a kiss on my head.

I stand back down and look at him. "But what about your career?"

Lay smiles big. "I have that covered. Have you ever wondered how it felt to live in a penthouse?"

I scream and jump. "What are you saying?!"

"We're going to live together this my penthouse I have in Korea. I asked your parents for permission already. Julie and Tao are already planning to move up."

I clap my hands. "That is amazing. But there's so much for us to do! Our wedding, your bachelor party!"

"We don't have to worry about all that now. Just trust me. You can trust me."

I smile. "I love you so much, Yixing!"

"You are my princess."

"You are my angel."