Part 14

Gracie's POV

We go home right after, but we decide to take a walk around our neighborhood.

"Julie and I are going to go this way. Yixing, why don't you take Gracie to the park nearby." Tao winks at Yixing and immediately runs away with Julie.

I am so gonna get back at Julie, I swear. That girl better keep one eye open tonight, I will pour cold water on her. I might even pretend to steal her hamster. Maybe that's too cruel.

Yixing and I awkwardly look at each other then away then back at each other.

I decide to speak up first.

"T-Thank you, for the dinner. I h-had a wonderful night." I say shyly. I fiddle with my hands awkwardly.

"No problem. It was great. I had a fun time. O-Other than the teasing."

"Yeah, that was-"

"It was weird."

"Yes, it was weird."

"Yeah."

We start to go walking. I notice Yixing wanting to hold my hand, but is hesitating. I find it really cute.

I stop in my tracks causing Yixing to look at me confused.

"Yixing?"

"Yes?"

I take a deep breath and calm my heart. "You know I like you right?"

Yixing gulps. "I-uh, well, um."

"Too fast? Oh, Gracie, you idiot." I whisper to myself, I smack myself on the head. I went to fast! Why am I always like this?

I start walking faster away from him, covering my face. I can not be by him, not after what I said. I can't just say that to him. He probably feels really awkward, even more than he does now. I smack my head as I walk.

"Why? Why?" I say to myself. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I gasp and turn around slowly.

"That. That was fast. Asking me if I know you like me, isn't." Yixing smiles at me with the cutest eye smile I have ever seen.

"Yixing..."

"You can call me Lay, but if you want you can also call me Master." Lay smiles and winks playfully.

I suck in my breath. "Oh!"

"Haha, I'm just playing around with you. You're so cute." Lay comes closer to me.

I freeze in my place, only keeping my eyes on him.

"But I don't mind that idea....do you?" He whispers in a deep tone.

My eyes widen. I don't know whether I should be happy or scared. This never happened to me ever. THIS ONLY HAPPENES IN DRAMA, OMO!!!

"What do you think? You'll be wearing a maid outfit anyways." He continues with his deep tone.

I gasp. A maid!? He must be joking, he has to be. This can't be real.

"Say something." He whispers in my ear.

"Y-You're joking, right? What will I be to you?" I ask not thinking about it in my head. OH MY GOODNESS!

He smirks. "Why would I be joking? You're going to be like a maid, you should wear a maid outfit."

"O-Oh..."

"What you are to me, hmm? Well, it depends...at this current moment, how do you feel?"

I grasp my heart.

He looks at my hand and looks back up at me.

"My heart is....beating really fast."

He nods. I bring my hands to my cheeks. He follows my hand.

"And m-my cheeks are probably really red right now. They're burning up, I can feel it."

He smiles in satisfaction. "Ok, then."

"So, that tells me what you are to me? But what about you?" I ask.

"I just wanted to know how you felt right now. You feel like this, now I know, you do like me. You should know that I like you too because of my actions." Lay explains. He puts his arms around me and pulls me in for a hug.

At first I'm shocked by his sudden move, but I hug him back. He likes me back, I smile against his suit.

We pull away and now we're inches apart. I hold in my breath. I try my hardest not to lick my lips because they're dry and I don't want to seem desperate.

"You're very beautiful, especially up close. I can see myself in your eyes." Lay's sweet voice breaks the silence.

I open my mouth, but something interrupts me.