Part 6

Skip to Morning...

Gracie's POV

It's the day of the interview! I'm so excited, I wonder what I should wear, maybe just a sweater. Ha, no! T-shirt?

I get up and stretch. I go into my bathroom to get ready.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I go find an outfit.

I pick out another dress, but this time, it's long in the back and short in front. I comb my hair and add a nice headband to complete it. I put on my favorite gold earrings and matching gold bracelet. I put on deodorant and a bit of perfume. I apply light makeup and light pink lip stick.

I got out into the kitchen to make breakfast. As I walk out of the hallway, I see Julie up and making pancakes...WITH FRUIT! MY FAVORITE!

"Oh! Good morning, sleeping beauty!" Julie greets with a warm smile. "Did you sleep well?"

I stay frozen in awe as I smell the fresh pancakes. "Y-Yes, I slept well. Thank you...what is this?"

"What? I can't cook breakfast for my best friend on her special day?" Julie says as she serves the pancakes. She puts blueberries and strawberries on the stack and adds sryup.

"Omo! You are the best!" I run and give her a hug. "But seriously, tell me."

"Ok, I had the best dream." Julie puts down the plate and squeals.

"What?"

"I dreamt that Tao and I were getting married and we had the perfect wedding, literally everything I ever wanted for my wedding day! Red and pink roses in rose gold vases with a ribbon tied around it saying our names. Rise petals spread all over the carpet where I will walk over in my vanella dream dress." Julie looks up and holds her hands together.

I listen as I eat. "Sounds amazing, but you literally just met him, already having dreams and weddings with him."

"Love at first sight, that's what it's called, Gracie, love at first sight and smile!" Julie gets up and spins around like a model.

Julie was always the hopeless romantic type. She loves planning weddings or dates. She also loves watching romantic dramas and will always scream "YOU LOVE HER AND SHE LOVES YOU, JUST TELL HER, OMO!" to the TV screen. It scares me sometimes.

"It's almost 2, gotta go!" Julie pats my back.

"It's only 9:00 am!" I shout at her. I still continue eating peacefully.

"Ugh, time isn't anything when it comes to love!" Julie sways around pretending to be Juliet in Romeo and Juliet.

I choke on my water. "Love? I'm going to a job interview, weirdo."

"An interview for love, see if you're fit for Lay!"

"Oh! Be quiet!" I throw a blueberry at her.

She catches it and eats it. "Don't believe me. How can you not tell? It's so obvious!"

I get up to wash my plate. "Eat your pancakes before I eat it."

"Oh, Gracie, you poor little thing, you still don't know! How can one be so oblivious?" She puts her hand on her forehead.

"What's with you? You were so shy just yesterday and now you're pretending to be an actor in a Shakespeare play."

"You're going to work for Lay and Tao, my princess."

I drop my plate in the sink. I turn to her. "What are you talking about?"

"You're meeting next door, right? The lady needs someone who can clean and cook, right? Lay and Tao have a big house and big responsibilities. They told us about their friends and how they go out a lot and how they go practice their dancing and singing almost 24/7. How could they possibly have time to have the house so clean if they do that?"

"Maybe they just didn't go hang out that day, you're reasoning isn't strong enough." I wipe my hands off.

"Gracie, don't fight it. I'm not saying it's for sure, but you could be working with or for them." Julie crashes on couch.