Part 36

Gracie's POV

I choke on my tears. "You're really going?"

Lay puts down his suitcase and wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry, but this is my dream."

I nod. "I know. You talk about it many times. You're an amazing singer and you'll do great."

"Thank you." He hugs me tighter. "Please don't forget me."

"I'll never forget you. I'll support you from here, always."

"I know you will." He sucks in his breath. "Just promise me one thing."

"Hmm?"

"You will always be my princess?"

"Only yours." I smile against his shoulder. "And you will be my angel?"

"One of a kind." He laughs.

A lump forms in my throat as he lets go of me. I try to hold back the tears, but it's starting to rush down.

"Flight 567 to South Korea now boarding. Flight 567 now boarding. Flight 567." The voice echos throughout the airport.

Lay picks up his suitcase and backs away slowly.

"I'll miss you very much, Gracie. But I will never forget you." Lay shouts.

I wipe away my tears. "I'll miss you too. I will always have you in my mind."

He nods. He comes running back and crashes his lips on mine.

"Let's meet somewhere in a few months. When you get back, let's meet somewhere." I suggest.

He nods. "Our first date. The private park. Don't tell Tao or Julie."

"I won't. I promise." I say.

"I have to go. We'll text, but no calling. We can save that surprise for later." Lay starts to back away slowly again.

"Don't worry. And don't forget."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Lay blows kisses toward me and turns around.

I sigh sadly as I watch him give his ticket to the lady at the desk. He gives me one more smile before going out of sight.

"Go rock the world...my angel."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few months later....

Gracie's POV

I arrive at the private park with my phone on my hand and a picnic basket in the other.

My outfit was cute and simple. Loose white shirt with a beige cardigan and jeans. I had light brown sandels on to complete the look.

I walk around with tears slowly making its way down my cheek as I run down memory lane.

It's already been 30 minutes passed and I'm still alone.

"Yixing would never do this to me, right? He's probably running late." I try to calm myself.

I saw Lay performing his song with his new group. He seems really busy, so I rarely text him. I haven't seen much about him or his group these last few weeks, so I'm starting to get worried.

"It's fine. I'll just dip my feet in the water while I wait." I walk over to the pond and take off my shoes. I slowly dip my feet in the cool water.

I lay back on the soft grass and relax. I close my eyes and sigh.

"...Gracie..."

I open my eyes. "Lay?"

"Oh my gosh."

I sit up and turn around. I cover my face as I see my angel standing behind me.

"Oh my gosh, princess!" Lay runs over and picks me up. He spins me around while holding me tightly.

"My angel!" I laugh happily. "You're here!"

Lay puts me down and kisses my nose. "I'm so sorry I ran late."

"Don't worry. It's fine."

"How long were you waiting?"

"About 40 minutes, but I was enjoying the view so much." I smile.

"Awh, Gracie." Lay grips my waist and kisses me deeply.

"I'm so glad you made it!" I say through the kiss.

"I'm so glad I did too."

"I saw you on TV, you're a really good dancer."

Lay looks away and blushes. "Thank you."

"I am so happy about how far you've gone. I'm so proud of you!" I give him another tight hug.

"Thank you. You're my #1 fan, right?"

"Of course." I smile brightly.

"And you're my princess?"

"Only yours."

"That's good, because later on, I'll have to call another princess."

My smile fades away.

"And she's going to call you mommy."