Part 3

Lay's POV

I watch carefully as Mark and Gracie walk inside the tiny house.

Wendy sits down across from me, blocking my view of Gracie.

"Yixing, sweetie, can we talk about us?" Wendy says.

I perk up. "Ok, whoa whoa, 1. Don't call me sweetie. 2. 'Us'? There is no 'us'."

"Come on, Yixing, you know there's an us somewhere in you." Wendy tries to reach for my hand and I swat them away.

"You better not be starting this again. No, no, no. No us, no you and me, not ever again. It was a 'was' and not an 'is'. Do I make myself clear, Wendy? You know I don't like you. You know I seriously despise you. I'm not going to talk to you about our relationship, because it's never ever going to happen." I make myself sound so clear, I freak myself out.

Wendy groans. "Ugh, Yixing, stop it already. Stop acting like you're on your own now. I helped you and you know that. I made you who you are now. Now that we're both happy....let's get back together."

I laugh. "You're joking."

She shakes her head. "Come on, Yixing. What I was back then is not how I am not. That was all an act. It was all a lesson to teach you and it did."

"I am happy with who I am MARRIED to." I state plainly and continue to drink my smoothie.

Wendy forcefully grabs my collar. "Gracie? GRACIE?! Her!? She's nothing. She's definitely fake."

Seriously, if you could measure how much anger was screaming inside me. My heart was pounding against my chest like even it wanted to punch Wendy in that disgusting and overrated deformation she calls 'a pretty face'.

I try to control my body and not break her into small pieces, but I do push her off and stand up abruptly.

"Who are you to talk about my wife like that?!" I scream at her, causing her to flinch. "Who are you? I don't know you and you don't know me and you don't know her, but I do! She is the most amazing and caring girl I know. I'm luckier than anyone right now. I am blessed and I am thankful and I'm not going to throw all that away for you! Of course not! Gracie is the best thing that ever happened in my life. She supports me, she loves me, she cares for me. I love her so much that I would die for her. With you, you made me so depressed, I would want to die because of you! I am done with you completely, with all my heart, mind, body! You have Mark and he's a great guy! Don't throw that away for someone who doesn't even love you, not even a little bit! I'm sorry I'm harsh, but I'm angry at you! Go and leave!"

Wendy watches me in horror. She watches my hand swat the air, motioning her to leave. Her eyes water, but I could tell she was using all her strength to not cry at the spot.

"Fine!" Was all she could yell. She stands up and turns around to storm away, but...

"Lay?"

"Wendy?"

Mark and Gracie stood a several feet away from us. Their faces were mixed with shock and confusion.

"Let's go, Mark." Wendy says, her voice cracking from the verge of tears about to rush out of her. She grabs his hand, but he pulls her back.

"What happened? What's with the yelling?" Mark asks.

"Yeah, Lay, what's going on?" Gracie looks at me with worried eyes.

"Nothing is wrong, except the fact that I'm standing in the same sand as Wendy right now." I growl and walk over to Gracie.

She looks at me. "Lay, what's-"

"I don't know what you're talking about! Mark, sweetie, he's being weird. I was just telling him I forgive him and he freaked out and said we should get back together." Wendy whines, but she was never the best at lying and she definitely didn't improve.

I lean into Gracie's ear. "Don't listen to her, she's lying."

She laughs quietly. "Yeah, no kidding. Look at her...she's a statue."

I smile. I'm so happy I married her.

Mark shoots his gaze at me. "I can't believe you, Lay. After all this time she still forgave you and you take it the wrong way."

I tap my impatient foot. "Uh-huh, uh-huh, so Wendy, when are you going to tell Mark the truth?"

"If you won't, I will." Gracie sings and hides behind me.

Wendy's jaw straightens and we could tell she was about to explode like a volcano.

Mark turns back to Wendy.

Wendy sighs and covers her face. "Make, I'm sorry, but what I told you about Lay was a lie."

"Let me guess...you were the one who was being the clingy one?" Mark says.

"What?" We all yell.

"I'm 22, not stupid. I caught on, Lay yelled pretty loudly and there was definitely some weird connection you still have on Lay. Wendy, you're a horrible liar." Mark crosses his arms.

We all stand there, surprised.

"But all this time..." Wendy gasps.

"You may be a horrible liar and a pain in the butt, but you are MY horrible liar and pain the in butt." Mark brings Wendy into a hug.

"Awe. That's cute." Gracie smiles while watching them. I do too, while looking at her.

"You know what, let's go." Mark holds Wendy's hand and looks to us. "Thank you for inviting us, it was a nice day, I guess. Hopefully I'll see you soon, Yixing. Keep up the good music. Bye!"

Wendy forces a smile and waves to us. We wave back like an old couple saying bye to their grandchildren.

Off they go, we will probably never see them again....