Part 14

Random Yixing with a bow and arrow.
He looks fine tho 🔥

Gracie's POV

There it was.

Me.

Tripping and falling into the pool with a towel on.

How nice.

I brush it off and put away my phone. I should be getting ready for Lay's concert. It's in an hour.

I go to the bathroom and get ready.

I sigh in satisfaction and grab my bag and everything

"Gracie? You ready? The car's here." Julie's head peeks through the door.

"Yup, I'm ready." I follow her outside.

We enter the black van and drive off to where the concert was taking place.

"You look nice today, Gracie." Tao compliments.

"Thanks."

It was awkward in the car ride. After the video of me got posted, it was everywhere. It's crazy how something so small can be turned into something so big.

Fans....

We arrive at the venue and I have got to say....it was peaceful.

There were only a few fans waiting outside. I guess we're here really early.

 I guess we're here really early

(Smaller ↑ ↑ ↑)

There was many staff setting up and they guided us to the back where Lay was getting ready.

Tao and Julie go to the stage to take pictures while I go greet my husband.

"Yixing, hey." I smile as I open the door.

"Oh! My princess!" Yixing hugs me tightly. He kisses my head multiple times.

"I'm fine, angel. Why do you sound so worried?" I laugh.

He pulls away. "My gosh, Gracie. I saw the video. Are you ok? Are you sick? Was the pool dirty? You took a shower right? I didn't- my fans- I don't know why..."

I shut him up by giving him a soft kiss on the lips. "Yixing, I'm fine. Don't worry, I think it was an accident. Hey, look on the bright side, I made them laugh."

Yixing sighs. "I'm worried about you. Princess, it wasn't an accident, Julie saw everything and-"

One of the staff knock on the door. "Zhang Yixing? Rehearsal starts in 5, be ready."

He nods and looks back at me. "I should have left a note or something, I'm so sorry. I was rushed and tired and I found something..." Yixing feels his pants and jacket like he was looking for something.

"What is it?" I eye him weirdly.

"It was something. Uh, I had...never mind. I need to get changed. Can you help me?" Yixing grabs my arms.

"How are you not changed? You have rehearsal in 5 minutes. I'll leave." I turn away, but he holds onto my arm.

"I could use the help." He winks.

I scoff. "Aiyo! Zhang Yixing! You are a full grown adult. I don't think you'll need my help. I'll be outside, baby."

I peck his cheek and rush outside to Tao and Julie.

Fans. Everywhere. Loud cheering was a big addition.

I cover my ears and hide behind some security guards.

Tao spots me. "Hey, Gracie, com-"

Julie smacks his arm and runs to me.

"Gracie, why are you out here? You'll be embarrassed even more if the fans see you. Why aren't you with Yixing?" Julie whisper yells.

"He's getting ready. Where could I go?"

"Just stay backstage and you can watch. I'll stay with you so I can protect you. In the meantime, let's try to keep you away from the fans."

"I don't need protection!" I protest.

Julie ignores me and pulls me backstage and gives me a black hat.

"Julie? I'm sure this isn't necessary." I try taking off the hat, but Julie stops me.

"This is for your saftey. Just keep it on. I'll be right back, I'm gonna get you sunglasses." Julie pats my shoulder and walks away.

I stay still in my exact spot. Some fans spot me and they wave and smile. Some laugh and point. Some take pictures.

Just think positive. Don't let them think they won.

Yixing passes by me and furrows his brow. "Oh, Gracie, I almost didn't recognize you. Why are you wearing a hat?"

"Julie is being overprotective." I reply quietly.

He just nods. "Good call. I want to show you to my fans and let them meet you on stage."

I almost choke on my own breath. "That-That isn't necessary, Yixing. I'm sure they already know me."

Lay puts his arm around me for a hug. "I'll be there with you. It'll be fun. I won't let them be mean. They wouldn't do that with ME up there too. It's ok, princess."

I sigh. "Fine. Try convincing Julie."

"I have her occupied." Yixing points behind me.

I look and see Julie fangirling over Lee Min Ho!

"What's-"

"We are friends. He's in America for filming of a new drama." Yixing laughs. "He insisted on going to this small concert."

I turn back to Julie and see that she was on the ground. She fainted...

Nice.