Part 9

Gracie's POV

"A-America?" I stutter.

Lay nods. "Yes, I tried to convince them to let me br-"

I hold up my hand. "It's fine, it's fine, Yixing. You did what you could."

Lay grabs ahold of my hand. "Gracie, please don't get mad. This is something I have always wanted to do."

I sigh. "I'm not mad. Do I look angry? I know this is your dream and I DON'T want to get in the way."

"Why are you standing up then?" He asks as I pull my hand away.

"I'm going to go to my room." I whisper and walk out of the door without looking at him. "I need to blow my nose...or something, I don't know."

I love him so much that being without him hurts me just as much.

Lay's POV

"Why is she being so complicated?" Julie shake her head. "Aiisshh, this girl."

"She's not to blame." I say slowly. "I really should've told her beforehand."

"Really? She's getting mad easily-"

"Julie, it's not her fault. We're married and we just got back from our honeymoon. You won't know how it feels like until you're married." I shoot Tao a glare.

"Still, bro, you did all you could. Don't be so hard on yourself." Tao says.

I look at the ground and think.

"I didn't try hard enough."

I grab my keys and race out the door in an instant.

I hop into my car and speed down the streets of Seoul. Luckily, I make it to the company building without any tickets.

I park the car and run inside the building.

"Hey, Yixing! How was your honeymoon?" Some of the staff smile at me.

I smile back. "Great, but I'm in a rush now."

I speed down the hallways and enter my boss's room.

"Whoa, Yixing, what's with the rush?" Boss looks up and chuckles.

I close the door and sit in front of him. "Boss, I'm here to beg. I'm here to plead."

"Why so dramatic, Yixing?" Boss chuckles again.

Dang, I hang out with Tao too much.

"Boss, I'm serious now. I won't go on the tour for a month without my wife. My sweet wife cannot be left alone for that long after our honeymoon just like that." I place my hands on the table.

"Uh, Yixing, you're going to be gone for 2 and a half months."

"What?"

"Maybe 3 months."

"Boss, I can't! No, I won't. I suffered so hard being away from Gracie for almost 4 months last year. I will die if I'm so far away from her without any way of communication. The phone calls will have to be short and once a month. Texting will cost a lot. I can't, Boss, please make an exception!" I plead while clasping my hands together in hope.

He looks off and puts a hand to his chin. "You have good points."

"Yes, please please."

"Well, you already have many fans over there...our company is doing well with money currently, two tickets won't be bad....and we previously had problems with treating idols...er- I mean idols tend to not do as well when they are separated from family. Fans will get angry with us and we will have some conflicts. We won't the same mistake again." Boss gets on his computer and starts typing.

My eyes fill with overpowering happiness as I jump around the room while cheering like crazy.

"Now, calm down. We don't want to start a ruckus anytime soon. I'll see if we could get two tickets for you and your wife."

I sit down and smile big. "Thank you, you have an amazing heart!"

"Thank you," He turns to me. "Don't even breath a word of any of this to outsiders. The last thing we want are fans and interviewers bombarding our system. Just wait until America sees you."

I nod. "Got it."

"You are dismissed. Keep your phone on, I'll be informing you on when the tickets arrive and some more information."

I nod again. "Yes."

"Now...go back and surprise your wife." Boss stands up and I do too. He pats my back.

"I will." I head towards the door. "Thank you so much again. I'll make you proud!"

"I'll be expecting it!"

I jump into my car and drive as quickly as I could home. I drove so fast, I could've traveled through time.

I sprint inside the house and go straight to Gravie, ignoring Tao and Julie sleeping on the couch.

"Gracie! Gracie!" I call out as I open the door.

Gracie was on the bed under the covers. I think she was sleeping.

"Yixing, can I just some alone time?" Gracie's soft, obviously sad, voice tells me from under the sheets.

"I don't think I can keep this from you, princess." I reply, out of breath.

"What do you mean?"

I jump on top of her and pull the sheets off her face.

"Aiya! Yixing, stop messing with me!" Gracie cries and tries to push me off.

But you all know I'm stronger.

"Gracie, baby, listen to me." I make my voice low. "Don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the company." She pouts, looking like a cute hamster.

I smile. "Well, you shouldn't be anymore."

"Why?"

"They're letting me bring you with me....the whole time."

I expect a kiss, maybe a hug....but nope.

All I got was an ear splitting scream.

Tao and Julie run into the room with pillows raised in the air.

"What's going on?" Tao looks around the room.

"I know karate!" Julie yells while swinging the pillow around.

"I'm going to America!" Gracie screams and pulls me down to kiss me.

Julie and Tao gasp. "For real!?"

"Really." I chuckle and give Gracie another hug.

My Neighbor? || LAYजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें