Part 39

Lay's POV

I wake up to the sun shining through our gray curtains. I yawn and take a quick glance around our new master bedroom. I rub my eyes and look at the time.

"Wow, it's early." I turn around and see Gracie sleeping peacefully right next to me. Her light snoring and slow breathing was so cute to just ignore.

"My princess." I whisper and roll over to her side of the bed. I put one arm over her and kiss her nose.

"Mmmm..." Gracie breaths and rolls over on her back.

"Gracie....sweetie....princess."

"Yes, angel." She simply says with her eyes closed.

I smile. I place my hand on her stomach.

She bursts out into laughter and slaps my hand. "Stop it!"

I giggle. "You're ticklish?"

She opens her eyes completely. "No."

"Come on! It's our first full day in our new home. Let's make breakfast together in our new kitchen. And eat it in our new dining room." I say.

She stretches her arms and legs. "Mmm, let's not wake up juuuussstt yet."

"We can invite Tao and Julie over too!" I say.

She shrugs and pulls the covers over her.

I scoff. I get up and walk over to her side of the bed. I pick her up and carry her bridal style out of the room.

She doesn't complain, instead she rests her head on my chest and yawns.

"Yah! Gracie, you're suppose to wake up!" I shout.

She shakes her head. "This is too comfy."

I smirk at the idea that popped into my head.

I walk down the stairs and out the backyard door.

"Where are you taking me?" Gracie asks. She covers her eyes from the sun. "Why are we outside?"

I kick off my shoes. "We're going for a swim."

She gasps and wiggles around in my grip. "I'm awake, Lay! I'm awake!"

I laugh. "I can't really tell." I walk to the edge of the pool.

Gracie starts to panic and tries to make me put her down.

"Hmm. Should I jump in or walk in?" I mess around.

She quickly cups my face and gives me a big wet kiss on the lips.

"I'm awake, Yixing."

I smile. "That's all I wanted."

I put her down and she smacks my arm.

"You didn't have to scare me like that! I was only joking! If anything, you could've just poured water on me!" She complains.

I chuckle and look away. "That wouldn't be as fun."

She pulls me closer by grabbing my shirt. She looks up at me and smiles.

"What now?" She asks.

I shrug. "Breakfast?"

"Yeah! Let's make pancakes!" She shouts and runs into the house.

I groan and stomp my feet. "Why do you have to ruin the perfect moment!?"

Gracie's POV

"Wow. These pancakes are amazing." Tao compliments while taking another bite of his second plate of pancakes.

I giggle. "Well, I was your chef for a long time."

Lay puts his arm around me and kisses my cheek. "Remember that pie you made us?"

"Oh yeah! I do!"

"That was delicious."

I turn to him and bump my forehead on his. "I should make it again for pur anniversary."

"You guys are TOO cute. I can't eat anymore!" Julie pushes her plate forward and crosses her arms.

"I'll eat yours too then." Tao says with his mouth full. He reaches for the plate, but Julie swats his hand away.

"Ow!"

"I was only kidding. You think I'd give up Gracie's pancakes?" She glares at him. "You need to calm down too. Don't ruin your lunch appetite."

"Hey, I helped make them too!" Lay points out like a 5 year old.

"Oh yeah?" Tao laughs.

"Yeah!"

"What did you do?"

"I took out the pans and cut up the fruit." Lay says.

I smile and laugh.

Julie turns to me and tilts her head. "He did it wrong, didn't he? And you stopped him and made him watch from afar?"

I laugh out loud and clap my hands.

Lay scoffs and hangs his head.

"See, I knew it! Gracie would always do that to me when I try to help her." Julie exclaims.

"Well, I want them to look nice."

"They don't need to be symmetrical!"

I laugh even more till my stomach hurts.

Tao finishes his plate and wipes his mouth with a napkin.

"Oh, where did you learn your manners?" Lay asks Tao.

"Meh meh." Tao mocks him and looks away.