Part 40

Julie's POV

I rub Gracie's back as she rubs her temples.

"Gracie, you're going to be fine." I say.

She nods. "I know I will. It's just...I feel like it was just last week, I was sitting on my parent's bed looking at their wedding photo and thinking 'I want to get married like my mommy and daddy'."

I smile. "Well, that's what's happening right now. Go put on your dress, girl. It's waiting to be worn."

She laughs and nods. She gets up and goes into the dressing room.

Tao's POV

"Zhang Yixing...I can't believe it's your wedding day!" I yell while Lay puts on his suit. "I mean, look how grown up you are."

I can hear him laugh through the door. "I guess I am..."

"I remember just like it was yesterday. You, me, playing at the park. This couple was talking by and you whispered to me 'ew, when I grow up, I want to be all alone'."

Lay scoffs. "Well, I didn't know I was going to meet the special person."

I nod. "That's how things happen. You don't know."

Lay opens the door and comes out in a black, fancy suit that fits on his body so well.

I snap my fingers. "Dang! You slaying!"

Lay furrows his brow while fixing his buttons. "What did you just say?"

"Nothing. You look nice, man." I smack his back.

Julie's POV

"Oh my gosh!" I cover my mouth as I see Gracie come out with her wedding dress. Tears start forming in my eyes.

The dress was very white and smooth. The skirt wasn't too poofy, but not too flat. There were thin silver fabrics stretched across the skirt making it look sophisticated and modern.

(I'm not not good at describing, but I hope you understand how beautiful the dress is)

Gracie does a little spin and smiles brightly. "How do I look?"

"Amazing!" I breath. "Stunning, really beautiful."

The hair and makeup lady walks in and gasps.

"My, oh my. I didn't know I would be styling a goddess today." She says and Gracie blushes.

"Do my eyes decieve me?" Gracie's mom walks in and almost cries her eyes out.

"My baby girl, my beautiful girl is getting married." She sobs.

I walk to her and hug her. "I know right. It's so soon!"

"Soon?" Gracie tilts her head. "I'm almost 22 years old now. It's better than getting married in high school."

Tao's POV

"Geez, makeup? You're a man." I tease Lay as he comes out with a flawless face on.

Lay shrugs. "It was my mom's idea. She wants to take many photos and she doesn't want to throw any away because of my face."

I laugh. "Oh well."

"I'm nervous." Lay sits down on the couch and takes out a piece of paper from his bag.

I squint. "Is that...Is that your vow?"

He nods. "It is."

"Did you write it all yesterday?" I ask while sitting next to him.

He shakes his head. "No, I've been thinking about what I should say once things got serious with her. I spent all of yesterday memorizing it."

Julie's POV

"You have your vow ready?" I ask Gracie as she was getting her last touches on makeup done.

"Mhm. I have it all memorized. I'm nervous about it though. I haven't told anybody my feelings before with other people watching." She says.

"Oh, I understand how you feel." I rub her shoulder. "But you want your soon-to-be husband to know how you feel. And I bet he's nervous too. Just pay attention to Lay and only him."

Gracie smiles at me and stands up. "Thank you so much, Julie. I'm so glad you're here with me right now." She wraps her arms around me.

"What am I? Burnt chicken?" Gracie's mom says. She gets up and joins our hug.

"Hmm. You smell nice." I laugh.

Tao's POV

"I'll be right beside you, Yixing." I pat Lay's back. "Don't screw up."

"I won't. I'll try not to." Lay takes a deep breath and fixes his suit.

"You got this, man."

I take a quick peek through the doors and see Baekhyun, Kai, Sehun, Suho, D.O, Chanyeol are sitting behind Lay's parents. I also see Lilia's parents and Gracie's parents.

"Are you ready for the most memorable moment in your lifetime?" I ask Lay.