Part 12

Tao's POV

"Oh, we didn't choose anything." Lay pats my shoulder. "We didn't choose. What should we get?"

I shrug. "Look at the menu, there's plenty."

Yixing nods and flips through the menu again. "Um, there's these chicken strips."

"No, no, Julie and Gracie are getting those."

Lay smacks my arm. "STOP LISTENING TO THEM!"

Gracie and Julie gives us looks. All we do is smile and look away.

"Well, what then? There's quesadillas. Chicken, Pork, or Beef." Lay point.

"Mmm, that looks good. I'll get Beef." I lick my lips.

"Ok, ok, I'll get chicken. It's not too expensive. Each plate there's 3 mini quesadillas. It looks really good actually, let's both order this." Lay says.

Gracie's POV

"Are you ready to order?" I ask them.

They both nod and smile.

"Ok, I'll call her over." Tao smiles at Julie and she looks away embarrassed. He raises his hand and one of the waiters immediately walks over.

"H-Hello, what would like for today?" The waiter nervously says with a shy smile.

I smile. "Hi, um, I would like number 6 with barbeque sauce."

"Would you like a side of onion rings or fries?"

I shake my head. "No, thank you."

"Ok, great!" He scribbles on his notepad. "And you, miss?"

"I would like the same thing, but with onion rings as a side, please." Julie says.

He nods. "Ok, that'll be great. Now, what would you like to have?" He turns to Tao and Yixing.

"I will have number 13. Chicken, please." Yixing says.

"He's so polite." I whisper to Julie, who was staring at Tao.

"Look at him, he's so....good-looking." Julie says ignoring my comment.

I laugh at her. "You should tell him that."

Julie snaps out of her trance and pushes me. "I will never be able to do that."

"Yeah, well, you never know. I can hook you up." I wiggle my eyebrows.

Julie scoffs at me and goes back to drooling over Tao.

"I would have the same, but I would like Beef, please." Tao says his order.

"Perfect. Great choices! I will be right over with your dishes. Please be patient."

"Thank you!" We all say together. We end up laughing about it together too.

"So....?" Tao leans over and rests his head on his hands. He sets his eyes on Julie.

Julie turns away, but I nudge her arm. I move my head to tell her to look back at him.

"I can't, I might scream. " She whispers. She cups her face.

"Do it, you won't regret it."

"Hey, Julie?" Tao calls to her.

"Y-Yes?" Julie shyly looks at him. Her face turns red and I can't help but cover my mouth to keep myself from laughing.

"Can I talk to you for a moment? It won't take long." Tao smiles brightly.

"Ok." Julie turns to me with wide eyes.

"Ok, follow me." Tao immediately grabs her hand and brings her somewhere.

Julie squeals quietly at me and I give her a thumbs up.

I turn back around and suddenly realize that I'm alone with Yixing.

I take a sip of my water without making eye contact with him. My hand is shaking a bit, but I hope he doesn't notice.

"Gracie? Is there a problem?" Yixing asks looking straight at me. Dang it.

"No, no, there's no problem." I say. I cup my face to keep it from burning.

"Are you cold?" Yixing asks in concern.

I shake my head. "No, no."

Yixing stands up and comes closer to me. He holds out his hand wanting me to take it.

I look up slowly at him.

"Come here." Yixing says with a cheeky smile.

My heart beats faster at every word he says. "Oh...I-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Yixing take my hand and pulls me towards him. He wraps his arms around me. Our height difference isn't a big difference, I'm up to his shoulders, but I'm still screaming in my mind. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder.

"You're cold, I can feel it." Yixing whispers into my ear. I swear my heart is burning up. Ahh, my heart....my heart!!!

"I don't feel too cold, though." I respond quietly.

He pulls back and looks at me. "I don't want you to get sick. I really want to see you tomorrow."

"I-"

Yixing leans in and whispers in my ear again. "We'll be seeing each other very often, so don't be shy, ok?"

"Ok, but-" I, once again, get interrupted by Yixing turning me around.

I see Tao and Julie walking out with their hands in each other's. Their expressions can only mean one thing.