Part 29

Gracie's POV

"We're here. Our own private area!" Lay parks the car in a reserved parking space. He gets out of the car and runs to my side to open the door for me.

I laugh at his cuteness. "Thank you, my good man."

He leans down and kisses me on the nose. "Anything for you, princess."

"Awh, I like that." I kiss his nose.

I've been more comfortable with Lay after this morning. I still get warm, fuzzy feelings just thinking about it.

We walk together hand in hand into the private area of the park. It was surrounded by big trees and bushes. The grass was really soft and green, which made me gap in awe. There was a big pond in front of us, the water was clear enough to see the rocks at the bottom and small fishes swimming around calmly.

"Oh, this is beautiful! I've never noticed this place, yet I past by this area a lot." I stare at everything that is visible.

Lay smiles and puts his arm around me. "Because it's private."

My heart flutters at his words. "It's amazing."

We set our stuff down under a big oak tree. Lay lays out the blanket and sits down on it. He pulls me down to sit next to him.

"This is relaxing." I breath. I rest my head on Lay's shoulder.

"Yes, it is." He replies.

We stay like this for a while. Just enjoying each other's company and the scenery.

Lay leans out and lays his head on my lap. I can't help but smile brightly.

"This way is more comfortable." He says with his eyes closed.

"I can see that." I play with his hair.

His eyes open slowly and he looks me directly in the eyes. I tilt my head.

"Gracie?" He whispers.

"Yeah?" I caress his cheek.

"How do you feel?" He asks.

"Hmm?"

"This morning...how did you feel about it? Did you like it?"

I blush. "It was really- it felt right."

He chuckles. "Guess I'm not the only one." He sits up and turns to me. He stays in that position just staring at me.

"Um." I cross my legs.

"How about we-" Lay starts to lean in.

My eyes widen. "Lay..."

I lean out as he leans closer. This continues as soon as I have to use my elbows to prop myself up and Lay was on top of me.

This is a different side, I would've never known Zhang Yixing was like this. The other weird thing is, I'm not complaining.

"Before, I go on any further," Lay doesn't take his eyes off me. "I want you to know how you make me feel."

I open my mouth, but no words come out.

"Y-You make me feel happy. Like I finally found what I've been longing for my whole life." He starts.

A smile appears on my face. "Awh, Lay-"

"Shh, I'm not finished, let me finish," Lay takes a deep breath before continuing. "From the start, when I first set eyes on you, when I walked down the stairs and saw you standing there, I thought...wow...it may be really soon, but I'm developing sincere feelings for you. Feelings that I've never felt for anyone else before, no other woman."

My lower lip trembles. My cheeks start burning and my eyes start to tear up. I quickly away the tears before Lay could notice.

"You've made me feel like I have something to look foward to everyday. These past few days were truly amazing with you. I know it's been less than a month, but it's not like it's illegal. What I'm trying to say is I-I really lo-lo...um you see..." He started to stutter on his his words.

"I love you too." I blurt out. I quickly cover my mouth. I did not just say that.

I expect him to be scared, but instead he laughs and smiles at me.

"How did you know?" He asks while still smiling.

"Well, it sounded like it. I-I'm sorry, I-"

Lay leans in fast and presses his lips against mine. My eyes widen from his sudden action, but I guess I saw it coming.

His hands wrap around my neck and my arm stay supporting me.

The kiss deepens and his hands find my hands. He intertwines his fingers with mine.

"Oh my gosh, Gracie?!"

"Oh my gosh, Yixing?!"