Part 9

Lay's POV

"Hello? Yes, it's me, Tao! Haha, hello!" Tao walks out of the kitchen as he talks to Gracie. His sudden expression change makes me laugh.

"Yeah, sorry about what happened. Yixing's mom can be like that at times, but she really is a great person. Anyways, we made our decision..."

Gracie's POV

"...we made our decision..." Tao says on the phone. I eagerly bounce on my bed.

"Yes?"

"You got the job! So happy to tell you that because Lay here was giving me all kinds of wei- TAO!" I hear over the phone. I raise an eyebrow in confusion. I think that was Yixing...

"W-What was that?" I ask.

"Oh s-sorry, Lay was telling me something! What I was saying was....we are going out to d-dinner.....and we wanted to... INVITE YOU!" Tao says, he keeps stuttering and pausing. Is someone bothering him?

"Oh that sounds like fun! I'll go tell Julie, well, when she gets home. She's working right now and she won't be home until 5:00."

"PERFECT! WE'LL WAIT! I GOTTA GO, GIVE...G-GIVE MY NUMBER TO...JULIE FOR ME. BYEE...Yixing stop it!" Tao hangs up leaving me quietly laughing to myself.

"Such a weirdo! I say to myself as I dial Julie.

Julie's POV

"You are such a cutie!" I say to a little girl who is here on a tour with her classmates.

"Thank you." She says.

I smile. "Now, what animal would you like see?"

"I wanna see the elephants!" She yells and starts jumping.

"Ok, follow me! Off to the elephants we go!" We walk to the elephants home.

"Wow!" All the little kids gather around the fence in awe. The teacher is talking to a zookeeper not paying any attention to the kids. I roll my eyes.

"Haha! Well, these are African Elephants. That one drinking water is a girl, her name is Molly. The little on right by her is her son, Dumbo." I point and the kids follow my finger.

"Is that because of the big ears?" One boy asks.

"Yes, he has really big ears. He once got caught in a-" my phone rings. "Oh, stay here with your teacher please, I gotta take this."

"Guess what! Guess what! You will never believe me! Oh, you're going to be so happy!" Gracie screams as soon as I press answer.

"What? What? You got the job?"

"Yes, but there's another one, that's better!"

"What can be better?"

"Tao invited us to go to dinner with him and Yixing!"

My mouth opens. I start squealing and jumping up and down. "Really? Omg! Yes! Yes! This is going to be a new start! What time?"

"When you get home, you need to immediately get ready!"

"Yes, yes, yes! Oh, I can't wait."

"It's going to be a dinner together not a date, so don't dress too formally."

I scoff. "Please..."

I was about to say more, but a little girl tugged on my shirt.

"Excuse me?" She says. Little kids are JUST SO DANG CUTE!

"Yes?" I kneel down to her.

She points to the elephant exhibit.

"AHH HELP ME! WAHHHH!!" A little boy was on the fence. He cries very loudly while the parents are trying to pull him down.

Oh, I didn't notice, oops. I run over to him and try to calm him down.

"What is that noise? Is someone crying?" Gracie asks, still on the phone.

"Oh, uh, I gotta go." I hang up before she could respond.