Part 34

2 months later....

Gracie's POV

I was sitting at the dinner table with Lay's parents. Everything is going well so far, so I'm glad.

"You seem like a very kind girl, Gracie." His dad says. He told me to call him Mr. Roe.

I've always been confused about their names. Until Lay told me it's something they like to do for fun. When they went to America, they would always go to different Starbucks and say different names. Now I understand why I heard Miss Lisa be called "Mama Li" once.

I nod. "Thank you."

"I've only known you for 2 months and I am quite fond of you already. Seeing how Yixing doesn't have a habit of losing things anymore because you came into his life really makes me smile." Miss Lisa holds my hand.

I look to Lay. "You had a habit of losing things?"

Lay coughs and scratches the back of his head. "Y-Yes I did, but I wanted to change that because I didn't think you would like that in a guy."

I smile. "Awh."

"And I'm glad you did. I can tell him to hold my phone and he would lose it in less than 5 minutes." Miss Lisa and Mr. Roe laugh.

Lay's cheeks turn red. "Yeah, it's true. But sometimes Tao would take it and hide it from me."

I rub his arm. "It's fine. I find it adorable."

"You two are so cute together. I really think you two are meant to be. Lay really is blessed." Miss Lisa says. "Don't you think, honey?"

Mr. Roe sighs. "As lucky as ever, Yixing, don't lose her."

Lay shakes his head. "I don't ever plan on it."

"So let's get to planning." Mr. Rose takes out a notebook and pen. "If we want the wedding to be perfect, we need to plan."

My eyes widen. "Wedding?"

Miss Lisa smacks him. "Are you drunk? They haven't been together for even a year yet!"

Lay sighs and leans in to my ear. "I'm sorry. My parents are crazy sometimes."

I smile. "It's fine, I'm used to it. My parents are like that too."

"Speaking of your parents, when do I get to meet them?"

"They went to Korea 2 weeks ago. They'll be back next month."

Lay nods. "I want to meet them."

"I know you do. They already know a lot about you. I told them about you and they seem to really like you already."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really. They want to meet you when they come back. So don't make plans." I point to him.

"I will try." He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"I'm so sorry about that." Miss Lisa apologizes and glares at Mr. Roe.

I smile sincerely. "It's ok."

"But you know, if you're ready-"

"Mom!" Lay's lips form a straight line.

Miss Lisa sighs and gives me a wink. "Ok, well, we'll be on our way now. Tell Tao and Julie I said hello."

"Will do." Lay gets up.

"Would you like me to cook something for you before you leave?" I offer quickly.

Miss Lisa laughs. "Oh no, thank you. Good night now."

"Good night." We wave to them.

After they leave, Lay immediately brings me into a hug.

"Lay?"

"My parents have been embarrassing me ever since elementary school. I think today made its way up to first place in my most embarrassing moments."

I giggle. "What was the first before?"

"School garage sale, 5th grade. My dad had a box full of my clothes on his hands. He tripped and dropped the box and my clothes went everywhere."

"Hmm, I don't see what's so bad about that."

"My boxers were in there and it went on my teachers head. Still don't know how it went that far."

"Ooo." I pat his back. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. But today was really embarrassing. My parents talking about marrage already in front of you like that. Aiya..."

I kiss his neck softly. "Don't worry, I'm getting used to your parents now."

He pulls away. "Really?"

"Of course. They seem really fun and nice to have around. You are very lucky."

Lay leans in and kisses my lips. "Thank you." He whispers through the kiss.

"No problem."