Part 13

Lay's POV

I knew Tao was planning on asking out Julie. I admire his confidence when it comes to girls, I often become jealous of it. I want to ask out Gracie, but I keep stalling. She's my type, but I can't really tell if she likes me or not. Hopefully sometime this week I will have the confidence.

Julie lets go of Tao's hand and runs up to Gracie and starts squealing.

Tao walks up to me and pats his shoulder like he's proud of himself.

"I am DA MAN!" Tao says and gives me a high five.

I cross my arms. "You ruined our moment, though."

"What are you saying, you interrupted her by turning her around to face us."

I look down embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I can help you." Tao pats my shoulder.

"No, no. I can do this on my own."

"Good Luck, Gracie really likes you, according to Julie. You should ask her out before she does."

We walk back to our seats as soon as we see the waiters coming with our food.

"It has arrived." Tao says and smiles at Julie. She smiles back and laughs.

I sneak a glance at Gracie and see her looking at me too. I turn away quickly and look down shyly. Aiya, what is wrong with me? The end of this night, I thought to myself, I will build up confidence and do it.

Gracie's POV

Yixing looks away from me when he meets my eyes. I smile at his cuteness.

I think Tao and Julie noticed because they start teasing us.

"Awh, you two are so cute together!" Julie shakes me. "Please, show me your face, I can see your red cheeks already!"

I cover my face in embarrassment. "Julie..."

"Gracie, look he's looking at you. Smile at him, give him a wink!" Tao mimics our squeal. Julie smacks his hand and laughs.

I look up and see Tao forcing Yixing to look at me. He turns red when Tao tells me to wink at him.

"Tao!" I smack Julie. 'Why are you like this? I'm going to go crazy."

"You're already crazy in love!" Julie sings and kisses my cheek. "Anyone could tell just by seeing your expression."

"Yixing, go tell Julie to stop teasing her. Go help Gracie by hugging her and protecting her." Tao says.

My heart beats against my chest. I can't control my expressions, I think my cheeks are really going red. Ahh, they're burning up!

"Hey, don't do this. Let's just eat, our food is getting cold." I say quickly and sit up straight.

"Ok, fine." Julie shrugs and pats my back. "It was fun while it lasted."

"Not for me. I have never blushed like this before!" I yell while covering my cheeks.

"Oh, you hear that! ZHANG YIXING, SHE LIKES YOU!" Tao starts laughing with Julie.

"Julie!" I shove her. "Please..."

"Ok, ok, fine. But really, you're cheeks, here." She hands me a wet napkin. She pats my cheeks with it and holds in her laughter.

I DARE NOT to look at Yixing at this moment. I am completely ruined.

We start to eat and casually talk.

"So, this summer, we plan on saving up for America." Tao says.

Julie nearly spits her water out. "What?"

I stay calm while eating slowly.

"Yeah. We want to go one day for vacation." He continues.

"I can't believe this. We are doing the same thing. We actually might get to go this summer, though. We've saved up from last summer." Julie explains keeping her eyes on me.

I continue eating and drinking while they talk, pretending not to notice they're eyes on me.

"Gracie, you have anything to say?" Julie asks me.

I shake my head.

"Are you sure? Any questions you have on your new job?"

I sigh. "I can ask later."

"Yeah, she could have a private talk with Lay later." Tao says.

My heart flutter at the thought of that. I hold in my smile.