Part 10

Gracie's POV

"I'm home! I'm home!" I hear a door slam and a crazy Julie.

"T-Tell me! You weren't joking with me right?" She questions me when she sees me in my pajamas watching Korean dramas.

"No, I'm serious. They did invite us. And you wanna know the best part. Tao wanted me to give this to you." I grab her phone and enter in Tao's number.

"A phone number..." She gasps. "HIS NUMBER!! OH MY!!"

I laugh. "Yeah, that's his number. So let's get ready. I texted him, they're going to come over around 6:15."

Julie screams and runs out of my room.

"WHERE'S MY PANDA SHIRT?!?!" Julie's voice shakes the whole house.

"Look in your top drawer!" I call to her.

I decide to just wear shorts and a T-shirt. It has two donuts on it and it says "LOVE" in English on it. My aunt gave it to me for my birthday. It's also a really nice shade of orange.

I redo my hair. I also brush my teeth again.

"Gracie! Is this good?" She shows me her outfit. It had a baby panda eating bamboo. The background color was blue.

"Oh, yeah, that looks nice."

"Ok thanks!" And she runs out of the room.

My phone buzzes. It's a text from Tao.

Tao: Hey, I forgot to tell you. We're going to a fancy place, so dress up nicely.

I gasp. "JULIE!!!! CHANGE OF PLANS! WE'RE GOING TO A FANCY PLACE, SO DRESS UO NICELY!!"

In response, I hear gasping and drawers closing and opening.

I guess this is the perfect time to wear....THE DRESS.

I take out my black dress that goes really well with my skin color and with my straight hair. I bought this promising myself that I will wear it on a first date. This counts!

I check myself in the mirror.

"I look very FANCY!" I laugh in satisfaction.

I walk to Julie's bedroom and knock on her door. "Hey, are you ready, they'll be here soon!"

She opens the door. "I was born ready, my love!" She makes a dramatic face and poses.

"Wow, you look really beautiful! Is that the dress you bought-"

"Oh my gosh! Is that the one you want to wear on a first date?" Julie and I squeal and jump together.

"Wow! We look fine!" Julie takes out her phone to take pictures. Of course, I pose. I love cameras and pictures.

Our doorbell rings and we both scream.

"Oh they're here! They're here!" Julie starts to breath heavily.

"Calm yourself, I'll go get the door." I run to the door and calm my heart. "Ok, Gracie, you can do this." I open the door and my eyes widen at the sight.

Tao and Yixing were all dressed up nicely in a suit. Omo!

"Hello, Gracie!" Tao greets happily. "Where's Julie?"

I point to our hallway without taking eyes off them. They look so handsome!!!

Tao smiles. "Ok, I'll get her." He walks past me and now it's Yixing.

"You look very beautiful right now." He compliments, giving me a big smile.

My heart flutters. "T-Thank you, you look very handsome...t-too..."

Yixing laughs and gives me a hug. "Thanks. Oh, and congrats on the job."

I freeze. Yixing is hugging me and I almost feel like passing out. Ahhh!!

He lets go but keeps his arms on mine. "Are you ok? You seem pale."

"Oh, no, no, I'm fine." I quickly regain my senses. "I'm just really happy."

Tao and Julie appear by my side. Julie's face is really red and so is Tao's. Awh, that's so cute, I want to take a picture.

"Shall we?" Tao reaches his hand out to Julie.

Julie turns to me with her hand covering her mouth.

"Go on." I whisper to her. She smiles and takes his hand.

I couldn't help but smile uncontrollably.

As I was looking for my phone, Yixing reaches out his hand also.

"Shall we join?" Yixing asks looking straight at me.

I look at him and smile. I take his hand. "Yes we shall!"

This night will definitely a start of something big!