Part 26

Lay's POV

I walk over to the bed. I grab my covers and cover her with it.

I lean down and kiss her on the forehead. "Get some rest."

I run back downstairs.

"So?" Suho asks.

"She's resting right now. Let's just order pizza. I'm sure she'll be fine with it." I say.

Suho nods and dials the phone. He leaves the room while on the phone.

---------------------------------------

Gracie's POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar room covering in sheets that...smelled....like...Lay. Don't think wrong of me.

I sit up and yawn. "Where...?"

I look at the time and see that it was 1:30 pm already. I quickly sit up and fix my hair as I run down the stairs.

"Uh, I'm so sorry. I fell asleep and-" I see everyone eating pizza, laughing and chatting.

I squint. My eyesight was still blurry from getting up so fast.

"Hey! Gracie, you're awake." Baekhyun smiles at me and raises his water cup.

I rub my eye again. "Where did you get the pizza?"

"We ordered. We saved one for you." Lay gets up and gives me a hug.

"Is one enough?" Sehun asks.

I nod. "One is plenty."

"Wow, I can't believe you did that! Didn't you get caught?" I laugh.

Baekhyun was telling the story about him and Chanyeol. They sprayed their friends with ice cold water to wake them up and ran away before they could see them.

"Yes we did, later in the day. We had to sleep with our room locked the rest of the week."

"Wow. I never pranked anyone like that before." I drink out of my cup.

Sehun and Kai choke on their drink.

"What? You never pranked anyone before?" Sehun asks, sounding shocked.

I shake my head and laugh. "No, not that. I mean I haven't pranked anyone like THAT before. I've, maybe, put toothpaste in between Oreos before, but..."

"Haha, the ol' toothpaste trick." D.O smile mischievously.

Lay puts his arm around me and pulls me closer to him. I smile up at him and he kisses my nose.

"It's getting late. Are you excited for tomorrow?" Lay asks.

I nod vigorously. "Yes, so excited. It'll be so much fun, I know it."

Lay smiles brightly and kisses my nose. "It will, maybe..."

"Maybe...?"

"Maybe..." Lay leans in close. "Maybe you should stay over tonight."

My cheeks burn. "T-Tonight?"

"Yeah...we could go out tonight and watch the stars together, in peace." He suggests while whispering.

I look down. "Hmm, sounds fun..."

"But if you don't want to-"

"Of course I want to..." I look back up. I can't control my facial expressions well so I look back down.

"Then, stay." Lay leans in, but gets interrupted by the door opening and shouting.

"Julie! Agh, come here!" Tao shouts as he opens the door to Julie.

They hug and kiss.

"Julie? I though you were going to stay later." I get up and greet get at the door.

"Oh yeah, I thought so too. Turns out, the baby penguin was half blind. I just needed to care for her until the night shift zookeepers came in." Julie explains, not coming inside.

"Oh, I see. So, w-why aren't you taking off your shoes? Are you not coming in?" Tao asks sounding worried.

Julie laughs and shakes her head. "Don't be so worried, ok? I just have to do some late night errands." Julie says. She kisses Tao before leaving.

"Let me go with you then! I'm getting my coat!" Tao says and runs upstairs.

Julie nods and walks outside.

I walk outside with her. "Wait! Julie, I need to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"Lay asked me to stay the night. He told me about going for late night walk and watching the stars."

She gasps and starts squealing.

"Shhh!" I shush. "This is so....crazy, I've never-"

"You have to do it! You have to stay with him. Oh, it would be so romantic." Julie twirls around.

I stop her. "No, don't start that. I don't know, I've never done this. It was tough being alone with them tonight. Geez, but I think I got used to it. But at night...with Lay?"

Julie smiles and caresses my cheek. "Go."

"But Julie-"

"Don't be scared. You really like Lay, right?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then go. Go be with your boyfriend."

"But isn't this fast!"

Julie sighs. "As long as you don't...you know..."

I scoff. "Fine, but don't mention this conversation to anyone. Especially Tao."

"I promise."