Part 10

Gracie's POV

Two days later, literally filled with me screaming and running around the house. Only when Julie was not around, I don't want to show off to her. That's not how we do it.

"Angel, what was it about?" I peck Lay's cheek when he comes out of the room after a phone call from his company.

He giggles. "We're leaving Sunday night. Get ready to pack, we only have 4 days, princess."

I squeal. "This is like a second honeymoon together!"

"Remember, Gracie, I'm going on tour, so I'll be busy a lot doing concerts and fan meetings. But, I want you to go to every single one of my concerts and fan meetings too. I bet my fans would love to meet you." Lay takes my hands.

I smile. "Yes, I will go to every go to concert and fan meeting. Won't I get a lot of hate, though?"

Lay chuckles. " I will have security guards guard you with their life. Plus, my fans are angels just like me."

I smile. "Ahh, of course they are." I give Lay a big hug.

"Yo! Tao's gone so I'm hanging with you guys today!" Julie barges in with a bag of snacks.

I laugh. "Julie? What's all this?"

"What? I can't spend time with my girl before she leaves for like...3 months?" Julie clicks her tongue.

I put my hand on my hip. "You're going to make me regret going. Come here, let's watch some comedy."

"Yes! Oh hey, Lay, Tao wants you to call him as soon as you're free." Julie informs.

"Ok." Lay gives me a quick peck on the lips before skipping away to the kitchen.

Lay's POV

"Hey Tao, what's up?"

"Bro, I need major help!"

"What's the matter?"

"I can't tell you over the phone, it won't be special that way. Just meet me at the coffee shop."

"Fine. See you." I hang up. "Julie, Gracie! I'm meeting Tao at a coffee shop. You gals hang out and we boys hang too. Bye. Love you!"

"Love you too, boo." Julie blows a kiss and I smack her shoulder.

~~~~~~

I meet up with Tao at a coffee shop.

I don't see him anywhere.

"What the heck, Tao." I mumble as I go get a coffee.

As I finished ordering, I see a familiar tall figure across the street inside a jewelry shop.

I gasp. "Oh, that sneaky boy princess!"

"Here's your drink, sir-"

"Thank you!" I grab the drink and run across the street.

I open the door and rush to Tao. "Tao! Tao! What the heck-" I get cut off by my eyes seeing something so...weird.

Tao holds up his hand and smiles. "This looks beautiful on me. Why can't men have rings?"

"T-Tao."

He turns around and freaks out. "Lay! Sorry I didn't meet you in the coffee place. Uhhh, I saw this place and I decided to visit...it's a grand opening."

I cross my arms. "So...?" I use my eyes to point to the ring that was on his finger.

"I was just seeing if it's a perfect fit!"

I gasp. "Are you-"

"Yes, yes, yes." Tao groans and lowers his head on the glass counter.

I place my hand on his back. "Hey, bro, don't be so sad. This is big! Who's the lucky girl?"

"Beyoncé." Tao looks at me and whispers.

"Wow! Really?"

"No, you big lawnmower! Julie obviously!"

"I know, I know, just messing with you. So tell me...what made you decide this?"

"Well, cheesy I know, but I love her and all. I want her to be with me forever and ever. She has good taste in fashion too. She- Actually, I can't tell you this. Not until the wedding!"

I laugh. "What makes you think she's gonna say yes?"

Tao leans back looking hurt. "I will smack your dimple off your cute face, Zhang Yixing."

I laugh harder. "I'm joking. Let me help you."

We look at wedding rings through the glass.

"This one is nice." I show Tao a ring.

"Too normal."

I point to another one.

"Eh, too much."

I point to another one.

"Too shiny."

Big rocks, small rocks, no rocks. Rose gold, plain gold, silver, bronze. None seemed to satisfy Tao.

"All these rings are just so old-school!" Tao shouts in frustration.

The store owners look our way and we hide behind some people.

"Well, if you're so picky, why not just go to another jewelry store." I scoff.

"I can't! I catch Julie looking at rings when we go shopping and even online too! I'm pretty sure she's been or seen every store here. This is a grand opening, I have a better chance of surprising her here."

"Why are you so complicated?"

"Wasn't this stressing for you too?" Tao snorts.

"Yes, because I was in a rush to pick up the ring. I was late, so I was stressed." I smile at the flashback.

"Aishh, I have no hope right now." Tao twitches.

I sigh. "Tao, what kind of ring are you looking for anyways?"

He shrugs. "A cute one. A couple ring. A his and her ring. Like peanut butter and jelly. A princess and her prince. Oh! Better yet, a queen and king!"

"Uh, excuse me, sir?" One store owner taps Tao's back.

We both turn to him. "Yes?"

"I-I couldn't help, but overhear you talking about your dream ring. I actually may have something that fits your description." The owner leads us to the back room.

"He better not try to rob us." Tao whispers to me.

"I'll throw my coffee at him." I whisper back.

"What are you going to do? Kill him with caffeine?"

"Fite me-"

"This is a one of a kind couple ring. A queen and king ring. One with a crown and the other with a cross." He pulls out a small black ring box.

Tao and I shut up and give each other glances.

He slowly opens the box and I swear I heard angels singing.

"I'm gonna cry." Tao sucks in his breath and stares at the ring.

"I'm gonna go blind." I respond almost silent.