Part 2

Gracie's POV

"What is this about?" Julie asks me after I hang up.

"Well, I met this lady at the party I went to last week. Her name is Miss Lisa, well maybe not, but she told me to call her that. And on the phone she said that she has a job offer for me. Something to do with cooking and cleaning." I explain while eating grapes.

"Hmm, are you going to do it?"

"I should check it out first. I don't want to be jobless." I take out my phone and type in my address and send it to her.

"Haha, so fast." She starts cutting up grapes and veggies.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making lunch for Gewie." She gathers up it and puts then into a small bowl.

"Ha, ok. Gewie is such a weird name, though."

"It's better than Mumbo Jumbo."

"Hey, that elephant always made weird sounds!"

My phone rings. It's Miss Lisa.

"Hello?"

"Where you live is just perfect! Just perfect! It's like it was meant to be!" Miss Lisa says excitingly.

"Haha, why is that?"

"I'll explain that at the interview."

"Where is the interview?"

"Just next door! On your left!"

"Wow! That is close. Ok, so what time?"

"Tomorrow at 2:00 pm?"

"Sounds great!"

"Ok, see you then, bye."

"Bye!"

I hang up with a smile on my face.

"What's up now?" Julie asks.

"I just scheduled my first job interview! And we meet next door, isn't that such a coincidence?" I say pointing to the left.

"Yeah, I guess. What's the job about?"

"I don't know yet, but I will find out tomorrow at 2."

"Ha, ok." Julie gets up and leaves the room. Now I'm all alone.

"I should cook something." I think to myself. "I haven't actually met our neighbors yet, so...I'm going to cook them something!"

I take out my handy dandy cookbook. I use this all the time.

"Hmm, curry, Alfredo, lasagna. What to cook? Something that won't go bad fast." I flip through many pages. I stop at the desserts section of the book. "Butterfinger pie! Sounds super good! I'll make this. I'll need...."

After Baking

"OMO! What is that delicious smell? Mmm! Chocolate?" Julie sniffs the air as she enters the kitchen.

I laugh. I carefully take out the fresh-baked Butterfinger pie out of the oven.

"Butterfinger! Gurl, this isn't helping my diet!" Julie stares in awe.

"This isn't for us, it's for tomorrow, our neighbors. I hope they'll like it. I wonder if they are girls or guys." I put the pie in the fridge to cool.

"I hope they're guys, cute ones."

"I hope they're girls, that way we can all be friends and have a complete sleepover party!"

Julie scoffs and rolls her eyes.

I shrug. "I don't know, I want to find out!"

"Then just go over there and introduce yourself!"

"Fine, but you're coming with me!" I drag Julie to my room to pick out clothes.

"We should plan something. What if they're guys, we need to look cute and sexy!"

"Nah, they should be girls, let's dress up nice and casual."

Julie picks put a blue ombre crop top with matching white shirts. I pick out a nice, innocent looking dress.

"I'm going to be crazy and show my legs!" I say clapping.

"My goodness! How innocent are you?" Julie looks at my outfit.

"Hey, I am not innocent, one time, I wore my swimsuit under my dress when we went to the lake!"

"THAT'S WHAT NORMAL PEOPLE DO!"

"Whatever, so what, I don't like showing off. I want to be modest and have a good first impression."

We change into our outfits and show them to each other.

"Um, lose the hat, you look to 70s in that. Lose the gloves, we're not having tea. Don't wear this belt, you're skinny enough." Julie takes out almost every accessory I have on.

"What does that leave me then? Now I just have my sleeveless dress." I already am starting to feel awkward.

"No, I know the perfect shoulder bag." Julie looks through her drawers and takes out a floral bag with a gold chain.

"Wow! This does look really nice." I put on the little shoulder bag. I take a look in the mirror. "Wow! With this dress, it looks like I'm going to walk the red carpet!"

"I am a genius!" Julie congratulates herself.

"Now let's go meet our neighbors." I say marching to the door.

"No, wait, should we redo your hair and makeup?"

"Of course not, I'm already fine with my wavy hair. My light makeup works too, so let's go."

"You know what shoe would go great with your brown hair? These." Julie holds up my black sandals.

"I'm wearing these as much as I can! Those were $30.00!" I quickly put on the shoes.

Julie sprays light vanella perfume on me and on herself.

"Teeth check!" We check each other's teeth.

"Nice!"

"White!"

"Let's go!" I shout.

"Wait! Don't you think you should bring the pie? I think it's best if you bring it. So they can eat it and not have to wait after an interview." Julie runs to the kitchen and opens the fridge.

"Smart! Ugh, what would I do without you!?" I walk over to her.

I check the pie. "Mmm! Looks and smells good, let's take it."