Part 8

Gracie's POV

It's been 3 weeks after the surprise welcoming party that Julie and Tao threw for us.

The weeks have been filled with nothing but love, joy, and happiness.

That's why I'm freaking out inside. My life is going along fine, that means something bad might happen to me, right? Life isn't this easy and fun. Life just isn't happy like this all the time.

But....maybe I'm being too paranoid.

I love Zhang Yixing, with my whole entire heart, even the veins. And I know he loves me too.

I still can't believe we're a married couple! I'm so happy, I can't stop smiling. Seriously....I tried.

Before I forget, last week, I remember Lay getting a phone call from his company, asking him for something. Lay left the room and I asked him what it was about and he said "nothing important, just a question". I could tell he was...worried. I saw his expression, so I didn't want to be nosy and annoying so I ignored it. I'm probably being paranoid again.

///3 weeks later///

"Aiya!!! Julie stop poking me!" I yell in annoyance when Julie pokes me. "You know how ticklish I am!"

"I know, that's why I'm doing it." She snickers and I push her away.

"Girls, girls, get your hands off each other." Tao winks.

I scoff. "Don't even start, Tao."

"I know where you live." Julie sticks out her tongue.

"I know where you live too, haha!" Tao mocks, earning a glare from Julie.

Lay comes in the room and embraces me right away. His calming scent engulfs me in a hug as he rests his head on my shoulder.

"I missed you." He whispers and kisses my cheek.

I giggle. "You just went to the bathroom, silly."

"I know, wish you were there." Lay says.

I scream and push him off. My instincts act like a mom sometimes. "ZHANG YIXING! WE ARE MATURE ADULTS. STOP PLAYING."

Lay just laughs and pulls me towards his chest. "I just love messing with you....like when you were my maid."

I smile at the flashback. "Awh, that's sweet. I miss that too."

"Hey, we can always bring it back anytime we want." Lay winks at me.

I gasp and smack his chest. "I am your wife, Zhang Yixing! I can't be your maid, that's rude!"

"I know. I just wanted to hear you say that." Lay shows off his dimples and I forgive him.

"Ok, lovebirds..." Julie coughs and sits down next to Tao on the couch. "We have some exciting news to tell you."

I gasp. "Are you two getting married!?"

Julie flushes a dark red and shakes her head slowly. "N-No."

Tao widens his eyes and looks to Lay, who also looks at him with wide eyes. I giggle at their reaction.

"I found tickets that will make our dreams come true." Julie continues with a red face.

"What? What?!" I sit on my knees and hold my hands together.

"It was suppose to be a welcoming home gift for y'all, but it came in late." Tao says and digs for something on his Gucci bag.

Julie smiles at us with very bright eyes.

"Wait...I can't find it....geez..." Tao mumbles as he struggles to look through his bag.

"Oh my gosh, Tao! Why did you put it in your Gucci bag. That thing is so out of style." Julie says.

Tao looks at her with the most dramatic and hurt face ever.

"Aish, don't be a baby, let me find it." Julie rolls her eyes and snatches the bag away.

Tao clicks his tongue and looks away.

"You're so sweet, Julie." I say sarcastically.

Julie scoffs again and pulls out a big envelope. "Here it is! It was under your big Gucci wallet."

Tao gasps. "You better not have let your dirty fingers touch it!"

"Calm your pie hole."

"The only thing that will calm my piehole is pie." Tao snorts.

"Get on with it, I'm dying from the anticipation!" Lay whines like a adorable baby wanting its ice cream.

"You know how we all wanted to go to America all together?" Julie says with a hint of excitement in her voice.

I nod. "Yes."

"Well....." Julie opens the envelope. "It has nothing to do with America, but instead it's a picture of you and Lay on the first date you two had and how we sort of crashed it!"

I squeal and grab the picture. "Oh, it's amazing! This is so thoughtful, omo!"

Lay looks at it too and I put an arm around him.

"Our first date, Gracie." Lay whispers and kisses my cheek.

I nod and hug him tightly. "That was one of the best moments of my life."

"For me too, also the time when I met you was the best thing that ever happened to me." Lay says and kisses me, this time on the lips.

I smile through the kiss and pull away. "Hey, Julie. Why did you mention anything about America?"

Julie looks at Tao, and Tao looks at her, then they both look to Lay.

I'm always so confused. "What?"

Lay clears his throat and looks at me with the same expression he had when he had the weird phone call.

"Yo-You know that p-phone call I had last week? With my-my company?" He stutters.

Why is he stuttering? That means it's bad, right?

"Yes. What's going on, Yixing?" I call him by his real name, so IT'S GETTING REAL HERE!

"That phone call was about an upcoming tour. The manager asked about the honeymoon, then asked about the tour." Lay sits me down on his lap.

I smile in relief. "That's amazing, Lay! A tour? That sounds like fun!"

He nods. "Yes, but it's quite far and I have to go alone. I can't bring anybody, I tried-"

"No worries, hubby! You've been away for awhile before. It was painful, but I survived knowing you're pursuing your dream! Don't worry about me, Lay. I'll be fine." I assure.

"It's not-"

"Yixing, I'll be alright. Where is it? China? Thailand? Vietnam?" I tilt my head happily.

"No, not even close. Not in Asia." He sighs.

"Where?"

"It's in America."