Part 32

Gracie's POV

When it starts to get dark, we 4 separate.

"You wanna go for a walk?" Lay grabs my hand. "At at the place where we first kissed?"

I smile. "Yes, let's go."

We drive back to the house and meet outside.

Lay grabs my hand tightly as we make our way behind the house.

"Gracie, how do you feel right now?" He asks.

I lean my head on his shoulder. "Very, very happy. It makes me feel warm inside knowing this was where it all started."

Lay kisses my head. "You really have a way with words."

I laugh. "Really? I'm just saying how I feel."

"It's something I truly adore about you." He pulls me closer to him.

I wrap my arms around him. "That's motivating."

He smiles, showing off his cute dimple.

We walk to the exact spot where we stood on that day and face each other.

"Want to reenact what happened?" He asks.

I nod.

"Do you remember what happened?"

I giggle. "We talked about the maid outfit and you asked me how I felt..."

"I'm so glad you remember." Lay leans in. "Now we can kiss without any interruptions."

My heart starts beats faster.

He closes the small space between us and kisses me. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck.

We pull back.

"Lay?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you think you were going to meet someone like me? Did I just fall into your life?" I ask.

Lay looks up and sighs. "Well, I-I believe in soulmates and...true love..."

I smile. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"I had my doubts when I was younger. But when I walked down those stairs and saw you sitting in the couch, I..."

I tilt my head, confused at his sudden stop in his sentence. "Yixing...?"

"Oh, sorry. I was saying, I-I started having second thoughts." He looks down into my eyes.

I gulp.

"My mother always says that love is a very strong word and to use it carefully. I would ask her how I would know when to use it."

I press my lips together.

"She told me that I would know very well if it was the right time. As a child, I was very confused at her words, but I trusted her and waited." Lay brings his hand to my cheek.

I bring my hand to his hand and rest it there as he talked.

"I-I started losing hope in my teenage years. I was in a few relationships, but none were serious or made me feel this way right now." He continues.

I smile. "Awh."

He chuckles. "I also been told to not admit it to early or rush into it. Well, not unless I know very well it's how I feel about her."

I gasp. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Please let me finish."

I hold my breath and nod. "Ok."

"So, um, I met you and things been different. I don't know if you already know how you make me feel, but I don't mind reminding you." Lay does a cheeky smile.

I pat his chest and lean my head on him. "Lay, you're gonna make me cry."

"Of joy I hope."

"Of course."

"I hope our relationship continues to grow as we get older. I pray that it'll be healthy and strong for a very long time."

I cover my mouth and try to blink away my tears. "This sounds like a vow."

Lay doesn't respond. He just smiles shyly and looks down.

I sniff. "But Lay-"

"Don't worry, I don't think I'm ready either."

"Lay, I might-"

Lay cuts me off with a sweet kiss on the lips. He places both hands on my face and pulls me closer.

"I will wait for you. I will try my best to make you feel loved. I will be patient because you are my love."

I couldn't hold back anymore. I burst into happy tears and engulf him in a hug.

"You are so sweet, it hurts." I cry out.

Lay pats and rubs my back. "I don't want to hurt you."

"It's not that, Yixing. I don't know what to say. No words can describe how I feel right now." I voice cracks.

"Do you feel loved?" He asks.

"Much more than I deserve."