Arc 2: Chapter 1

I look around and call out his name once more.

"Luke!?"

Did he leave me?

I go back into to tent and lay down. I think about Luke, where could he be? I think about my arm. Did it work by cutting it off? I don't know.

I drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning, Luke is there.

"Where were you?" I ask, somewhat pissed off.

"I was..." he paused.

"Out."

"What do you mean by 'out'?" I ask.

"Just, huntin." He says.

He's hiding something.

"Ok, well I'm starving. There wasn't any food in the tent!" I snap.

"Clem, I'm sorry... Ok." He says.

"Well here." he says throwing me an expired granola bar.

"Thanks.." I mumble sarcastically.

"What's your problem Clem?" Luke asks raising his voice.

"My problem is that, you left me alone in the tent all day long with out any food or weapons! So I've been sitting here defenseless with only one arm! Because you had to cut it off!" I shout.

"I left my machete, so you weren't defenseless!" He shouts back.

"That still doesn't help the fact that you left a wounded little girl alone in the woods for a whole day with out any food!" I yell back.

"Can you stop ragin on me! God it's like I can't do anything right for you!"

"Because you can't! You always mess things up! Let my just start with, when you locked me in the shed." I shout.

"I did it for the safety of my group!" He says making an excuse for himself.

"Yeah and you see how that worked out. Everyone I your group is dead and its all your fault!" I shout.

He glares at me feeling very hurt by what I said.

"Nick, because you let him get shot at Carvers. Sarah, you made me leave her! Rebecca, she was freezing and you didn't give her anything! Alvin, because you ran away when Carver arrived. You left all of us! Carlos-" I'm interrupted.

"Now hold on! I came back to Carvers to recuse you! You were my main priority!" He shouts.

"Look at me now Luke! Do you think I'm 'fine'?" I ask angrily pointing to the stub that was once my arm.

"What do you think I am, some worthless piece of shit?!" He asks angrily.

"Yeah!" I shout.

"Well if I'm so worth less then just shoot me, like you did to Lee!" He shouts.

His comment takes me back. I feel anger build up and tears form in my eyes.

"Fuck you." I say quietly.

I run out of the tent crying as I ran into the woods, disappearing in the trees.