Arc 1: Chapter 5

I woke up well rested and energized. It was nice to have a good sleep, I hadn't had one in so long. I walked around the cabin and searched for Luke. I found him still asleep in one of the rooms. I decided I shouldn't wake him so I looked for food around the cabin.

There was an apple and a can of soup. I had the apple because I knew Luke would want me to save the soup for him. I ate only half of the apple just in case AJ was hungry or not.

I went into Luke's room and picked up AJ. I mashed up a few slices of the apple and fed it to AJ. After he was fed and content I set him back down and walked around the cabin. I searched for weapons in the kitchen and luckily there was a cleaver in the drawer.

I had a flashback of Lee. I remember when he was sitting in the chair talking to the man who had kidnapped me in his final hours of life. His cleaver was on the dresser and I remember staring into his milky white eyes, they directed me to the man. I can still remember the force I used on the cleaver. How hard I drove it into his shoulder.

I begin to silently sob to myself when Luke comes into the kitchen.

"Hey Clem I-" He stops when he notices me crying. "Clem? What's wrong?" He says in a low concerning voice.

"I had a flash back of Lee." I say in a low tone letting tears stream down my face. I'm still very sore when it comes to the topic of Lee.

"Awe kid, I'm sorry. I know that still must be really hard for you." He says as he draws me in for a hug. I accept and wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly crying.

"It's all my fault" I say.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You were young, it's not your fault." He says. I feel better.

"Thanks Luke, your a great friend." I tell him with a sniffle.

"Thanks Clem. We should get moving, we are low on food." He says. "

Yeah, I'm ready when you are." I say.

We head toward the town in search of food. Luke carries AJ for me.

"You need to stop being so hard on yourself, you can't do everything. Everyone makes mistakes. I know I have too." Luke tells me while we walk.

"I could have done something differently. I shouldn't have run away. If I hadn't Lee would be alive." I say.

He says nothing. "Um, so, where were you before all of this?" He asks trying to change the subject.

"I lived in Georgia. Where were you?"

"I lived in Seattle all my life and I came to North Carolina with Nick and Pete for business and then this started." he says.

"Oh, then was the rest of the group together when you found them?" I ask.

"No, we were at Carvers with just Carlos and Sarah. Then Carver accepted Rebecca and Alvin into the group too because he liked Rebecca." he says.

"Did they....?" I cautiously pause before I finished the question. "have a thing?" I ask.

"Yes." Luke says. "But no one else knew about it besides me and-" suddenly Luke stops talking.

There is people in the distance, they have guns. I know they aren't going to be friendly.