Arc 4: Chapter 16

The cold rain hits my face. I shiver. The wind gusts make me more cold.

"I wish I had Luke here." I say to myself trying to hold back all of my emotions.

I can see the farm house not to far from here. It looks really small. But I don't care, I just want to get out of the rain.

-

I finally approach the house and listen in through the door. I can hear the moans from walkers from the inside.

"I guess I can stay in the barn then." I shiver as cold water drips off of my body.

"Please don't be locked." I say to myself as I try to open the shed.

I try to turn the knob and the door opens.

"Thank god." I say with a sigh.

I slowly walk into the barn.

"It's so dark in here. Dammit! I left my back pack back at Hershel's farm." I complain to myself.

The only light in this place is when the lightning flashes through the tiny window at the very top of barns wall

I have no plan. Okay. I guess find a new group or try to find Rick and Carl. They probably aren't far.

I hope they're okay.

-

We continue to follow Clementines footsteps, not that much further ahead. We see a small farm house.

"Luke, how much you wanna bet Clem's in there?" I say.

"It's our best shot. Either her or walkers." Luke says.

"Let's go." I say.

Her foot steps lead to the house. I can hear the walkers from the inside.

"I don't think she's in there." Luke says trying to turn the knob on the locked door.

"Wait, look. There's footprints in the mud that go to that barn." I say.

"Alright, let's go check it out." Luke says, leading us.

-

I hear mean talking over the sound of the rain.

"Damn it's cold." One man says.

"Shut up and stop complaining." Another one says.

I have no where to hide. Here's where I'm either going to get killed or kidnapped. I pant loudly. My breath shakes with fear.

I see the door open, there's two shadows standing in the rain in front of me. Dripping wet.

"Clementine! Oh thank god!"

The man was Luke!

"Luke!" I cheer.

I ran up to him and gave him a large hug. He was sitting on his knees so we would be the same height.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" I say.

I feel his grip tighten around me.

"I'm fine Clem. I'm just glad you made it out okay." He says.

"It was bad. Everyone got separated and the people I were with died. I had to kill both! It was horrible!" I try not to cry.

We release from the hug. I look up and see Nick watching us.

My smile faded and I felt anger towards him.

"Clem, you're pissed with me. I know. But I didn't abandon you." He says softly.

"What? What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, the truck was nearly surrounded by walkers. If I didn't drive away we would of died. I thought you would of just stayed in the drug store. We came back to find you after I fixed Luke's leg but you were gone." He explains.

"Oh, I thought you abandoned me. I'm sorry. I feel bad for saying bad stuff about you." I say.

"Don't feel bad. And I'm the one who should be sorry, not you. You're just a kid, you didn't know better." He gets down on his knees and gives me a hug. He smelt like sweat and blood.

It was... odd hugging Nick. He didn't really seem like the affectionate kid of guy.

"Oh and I got something for you." He says releasing from the hug.

He hands me my hat.

"I can't believe you got this! I though it was gone forever!" I gasp.

"Thank you." I give him another hug.

"No problem kid." He laughs.

I look up at Luke and see him watching us with a cheeky smile.

"You're a dork Luke." I roll my eyes at him and chuckle.

"I didn't even say anything." He defends himself.

"It's the way you're looking at us." I place my hands on my hips.

"What ever." He laughs.

"C'mon you two lets get out of here." Nick says.

"Nick, it's the middle of the night and it's pouring. Where do you expect us to go?" Luke asks.

"I don't know. Somewhere other then this." Nick says.

"Let's just stay here tonight. We're all exhausted." He says.

"Alright, fine." Nick rolls his eyes.