Arc 3: Chapter 1

It's been a few more days, we have made it to Florida. Luke's still looking for this 'lab' or what ever... probably not even real.

I'm still a wreck. I can't think straight, I keep thinking. I shouldn't be here, I should be dead. Lee shouldn't of ever came back for me.

I've been barely talking, eating, or sleeping. I'm in a dark place and I can't seem to break free.

-

*Luke's P.O.V.*

All I've been thinking about is Clem. She's not herself. There's nothing to say to her, she hasn't spoken to me once. I'm surprised a kid so young could become this way.

"Clem, talk to me." I say.

She remains silent.

"Look, I'm really sorry about Lee. But you need to get yourself together." I tell her.

"What's the point.." she says. Finally a response.

"The point is, we are survivors, we need to look out for each other and keep each other safe. The way you're behaving makes you more of a liability now then before when you lost your arm." I say.

"And who was responsible for that... oh right you! You know what else you did, you killed Lee!" She shouts.

"He was already dead, I was protecting you from him." I say, looking down at her.

"You shouldn't have. Just let me deal with it." she says.

"All I'm sayin' is that you need to snap out of it." I say.

"We're all gonna die, what's the point of even trying." She says.

I look down at her again, not saying a word. Her hat blocks her face.

We walk, and walk, and walk. Until we finally stumble upon a cabin.

"Let's stay here of tonight." I say walking towards the cabin.

Clementine walks into one of the rooms and closes the door, not to be seen again until morning.

I walk into one of the rooms and quickly fall asleep.

-

When I wake up the next morning I look in Clem's room to check on her, she's not there.

I search the whole cabin, she's gone. Suddenly I hear sobbing coming from the bathroom.

I quietly open the door and see her in a fetal position crying.

"Clem..." I say softly and join her on the floor.

I wrap my arm around her. She leans her head on my chest as the tears run down her face.

I give her a quick squeeze re-assuring her everything will be okay.

"I can't do this anymore! I'm so tired of loosing people!" She sobs.

"It's okay, I'll try my best to not let that happen anymore." I say.

"You can't control it." she cries.

"I'll try my best to keep us safe so you won't have to loose anyone else. Is the Lee thing still bothering you this much?" I softly ask.

"No." she says.

"What's bothering you, if you don't mind me asking." I say.

"The thought of losing you too." she cries harder.

"That's not gonna happen, I promise I'll never leave you." I say, slightly shocked of that being why she's so upset.

"Lee said the same thing, and I've already lost you once I can't handle it if it happens again." She says.

"It won't, I promise." I say.