Arc 1: Chapter 17

I look back down at Wellington, it's infested with walkers. You can hear the screams of the other survivors as the walkers tear their flesh off.

"Clem, we gotta go. We gotta go now!" Luke panics.

"Wait, what about AJ!?" I shout.

"Fuck." Luke mutters to himself.

"Ok, I'll run into to building, grab AJ and meet you back here in no longer then ten minutes. If it's been ten minutes and I'm still not here find a safe place far away from here." He commands.

"Luke I- I can't just leave you!" I cry.

"Clem, I'll be fine." Luke says trying to calm me down.

"I'm going too." I say.

"No! Stay here it's way too dangerous!" Luke shouts.

"Just stay here, please." Luke says grabbing my shoulders.

I remain silent as I see him run into the walker filled Wellington.

I can't just let him go by himself. It's too dangerous if he goes alone.

I follow behind secretly as he enters the building.

Once I make it to the building I see Luke already stabbing walkers in the head with his machete. I run up to Luke, take his knife and begin fighting off walkers too.

"Clem, what the fuck is wrong with you!? I said stay outside!" Luke shouts angrily.

"I'm sorry Luke, I just couldn't let you do this alone." I say as I shove the knife into another walkers forehead.

"Cmon, let's go!" He says directing me to the nursery.

We sprint to the nursery and look in the cribs for AJ.

He's not there.

"What the hell?" Luke asks in disbelief.

"Someone must have taken him.." I say sadly.

We stood there in silence for a while before we were interrupted by the sound of banging against the nursery door.

"Shit they found us." Luke says.

"What do we do!?" I frantically ask.

"We gotta wait em out." he says.

"What if the door gives out?" I ask.

"It won't it's strong enough to hold up." he says.

"I can't believe AJ's gone." I say.

"I know." Luke says quietly.

~~~~~~~
It's been a few hours and the walkers haven't cleared up. Luke and I pass the time by sharing funny stories and talking about before. Reality sneaks back every once in a while when the commotion from the walkers picks up. It's now dark, I'm getting tired but I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Luke and I make ourselves comfortable on the hard floor and try to sleep. I nestle under Luke's arm and rest my head on his chest. I listen to his heartbeat which makes me feel protected. I close my eyes and fall asleep to the steady rhythm. I'm suddenly woken up by Luke coughing gasping for air.

"Luke!?" I panic.

Was he bitten? He continues coughing. I'm getting very worried about him.

"Have you been bitten?!" I ask.

He weakly looks at me and keeps uncontrollably coughing.

"Luke please answer me." I cry.

He continues coughing. I start lifting up his sleeves looking for bites. I don't see any on his arms or lowers legs and ankles. I put my hands against his forehead, he doesn't feel warm. I don't understand what's wrong with him.

He gasps for air as if he is being choked. I need to do something quick before he stops breathing.