Arc 1: Chapter 10

*Luke's P.O.V.*
I see a grocery store that is boarded up. I can see lights from the inside and guards. This place is just like Carvers. I need to find a way to sneak in.

I go behind the grocery store and see that there is an open gate that is currently unguarded. I run inside of the gate and look around the outside of the building, there's a back door. I try to get the door open.

"Locked! Of corse!" I say to myself. I listen in on the door and I hear a girl screaming.

"No! You can't make me!" I hear her yell.

"Your gonna do it or your gonna die you little bitch!" I hear another voice yell.

"No- Oof!" She shouts. I listen to make out if it's Clem's voice or not.

"No! No, please!" The girl yells. It is Clem's! I feel the anger boil up inside me. I have a gun, maybe I can take them out.

I don't usually kill people unless its necessary but I will do anything to get that little girl back, and I'm gonna make sure the man who is hurting her in there will never hurt anyone ever again. I hide against the corner of the building. I hear a guard approaching. I load my gun and prepare to shoot.

*Clem's P.O.V.*
The man gets very close to me. He whispers in my ear that I can't understand.

I lean away from him, his breath smells like cigarettes.

"Now stand up!" He shouts loudly. I obediently stand up in fear for my life.

"Take off your hat!" He commands.

"What?" I timidly ask.

"I'm not going to ask again." he sternly says.

"No! Your can't make me! It's special to me!" I shout at him.

"I don't give a shit if it's special, I want it! Your gonna do it or your gonna die you little bitch!" He yells. He has no patience for her.

"No-" I'm cut off. I am punched in the jaw. "Oof!" I uncontrollably shout out.

"Listen to me next time and take off your damn hat!" He screams at me.

"I can't!" I yell, tears running down my eyes.

He clenches his fists and raises his hand again.

"No, no please!" I scream and flinch.

"Take it off now!" He shouts at me.

"NO!" I scream. I'm so worked up and scared tears are running down my face, I'm shaking and my face is getting red.

He launches at me and begins to hold me down and pull my hat off.

"Get off of me!" I scream.

He grabs my hat. I fall on the ground and he launches on top of me and begins punching my face.

Before he seriously hurts me I manage to kick him off of me. This has made him even more angry. He punches me in the face so hard, everything is blurry.

He grabs the rope and ties my hands behind my back around the pole. I can feel my cheek swelling up already. He picks up his gun and points it at me.

"Listen this time, or we can just end it right now." he says as he puts my hat on his head. I'm furious.

*Luke's P.O.V*
The guard turns the corner and I shoot him right in the head. I grab his shotgun and look for the other guard.

The other guard comes running around the far corner, before he can load his gun I shoot him. I manage to get myself inside the grocery store. No one is around.

I hear Clem screaming again. I follow it into the back it of the store. I see Arvo standing outside of the door that she is in. I quietly reload my gun, stick my hand through the back doors and shoot him in the side. Exactly where he shot Clementine.

A man came outside of the room that Arvo was standing in front of. I'm watching the man through the door windows leading into the back room. He furiously looks around for the person who shot Arvo. The man returns back into the room that Clementine is in.

"Stop!" I hear her scream. Hearing the anger and agony in her voice makes me sick.

I sneak in through the back doors. I approach the room. I look through the window of the room and see Clementine tied against a pole.

She keeps kicking him away every time he comes near her. He beats her, her nose is bloody and her face is bruised and swollen.

This infuriates me. I load my gun and try to kick in the door. The man grabs Clementine and puts a gun up to her head and opens the door.

"Well well, you must be Luke." he says. How does he know about me?

"Give her back you piece a shit!" I shout.

"I don't think so!" He calmly says.

I look at Clementine, her beaten face is soaked in tears. Her hat is missing. I feel horrible for her.

"What's it gonna take!? I'll do anything, kill me, torture me! Just don't make her go through anymore pain then she already has!" I plead.

"Give me your gun, then we'll talk." he says.

I hand him my gun. Now I'm defenseless. He points my gun at me and his gun still at Clem's head.

"How about I just kill both of you right now?" He says.

"No! Please don't kill her!" I beg.

He looks at me then at Clem. He bends her arm back until it snaps, she lets out an agonizing scream.

"Fine." he says as he drops her to the floor. She just lays there in sobbing uncontrollably due to the pain, watching me. Too weak to get up on her own. He puts his gun up to my chest.

"Go to hell you fucker-" he says as he points the gun to my head.

Just as he is about to shoot, a bullet impales his head, I look to see who shot him. Surprisingly it was Clem. She had a pistol in her hand that wasn't broken. Her arm was shaking badly.

I go over to Clem hug her and pick her up. Her arm has become so swollen, her face is black and blue and her nose is dripping blood. I grabbed her hat that was on the man's head and placed it back on her's.

We quickly ran out of the grocery store and headed back to the cabin with Clem in my arms.