Arc 2: Chapter 19

"I'm so sick of walking." I complain.

Luke rolls his eyes and keeps walking.

I sigh and look at my sump. It wasn't that bad, he didn't take off the whole arm, just a little higher then my hand. But I've adjusted and I can deal with it. I look at my other arm which no longer contains the cast. Luke removed it a while back, it's good as new. I think back at the terrible memory. When that man grabbed me and snapped it in half. That was the second worst feeling of pain I've ever experienced, losing my arm is the first... obviously.

"Clem, I just wanted to say... when you were first bitten I thought I was gonna loose you." he says.

I stay silent and continue walking.

"Then you were gonna be okay-"

"Because you cut my arm off." I growl.

"... and I was so relieved." he continues.

"I can tell... leaving me all alone in the woods while you fucked that whore Allison." I snap.

"Woah, Allison...." He pauses not knowing an excuse to make up.

"I can do what I want. Maybe I wanted to have some adult time instead of baby sitting you all the time." he says sharply.

"Baby sitting!? Is this what you think this is!? I never asked you to come with me when you found me! You could've let me go on by myself!" I bark.

"I wouldn't do that, especially since you have a baby with you. You wouldn't make it alone." he grumbles.

"I wouldn't make it alone!? I'll show you! I'm not going to anywhere with you!" I shout, challenging him like any rebellious teenager would do to their parent.

"Yes you are, I'm not just gonna leave you alone to die." he says.

"You're not the boss of me! Take AJ and go!" I say crossing my arms.

"I'm the adult here, so I kind of am." he says in a fatherly manner.

"Stop! Just stop okay! You're not my dad, you have no authority over me! So just stop, I can do what ever the hell I want and there's nothing you can do about it!" I shout.

I don't know what's gotten into me, he's just aggravating me, no matter what he says or does, it just makes me mad.

He lets out a sigh knowing this conversation isn't going anywhere.

"Teenagers." he mumbles to himself.

"Shut up Luke! Stop attacking me and making little remarks about me being a 'teenager'! Leave me alone and stop talking to me!" I shout.

"Fine." he says with a frown.

I walk far behind him not saying a word. The rest of the day was quiet.

-

It's been about 4 days.

Luke and I haven't been talking a lot but I apologized to him about a million times. He says he's not mad at me but I can tell he still is.

"Where are we?" I ask breaking the silence.

"Savanah." he says.

That triggers all the memories to flood through my head.

"Don't be afraid." Lee whispers.

His body lays on the floor, covered in blood from the many walkers he fought to get to me.

I hear him inhale and exhale, struggling to collect any air he can. His eyes turn a milky white and he slumps against the wall.

I stand beneath him and watch the life drain out of him. He's all I have left and now he's gone.

"You have to shoot me honey." his voice is barely audible.

"I...I don't know if I can..." I whimper.

"You don't wanna see me like one of those things." he says.

"Okay Lee... I can do it, I- I can." I say as tears fill in my eyes.

"I'll miss you..." he wheezes.

"Me too." I say, tears pouring down my face.

I hold the gun in my hands tightly and I close my eyes. I can hear his breaths becoming heavier and slower. I look up at him before he is gone for good.

I hold up my gun, hands shaking uncontrollably, tears flooding my eyes. I give him one last glimpse.

I take a quick breath and pull my tiny finger on the trigger.

"Clem?" Luke shakes my shoulder.

"Huh?" I jump.

"You alright?" He asks.

"I was just thinking about something..." I trail off.

"What was it?" He asks softly, noticing I'm about to cry.

"It's nothing." I mumble staring at my feet while I walk.

"Okay, just... you know you can talk to me, right?" He says.

"Yeah." I say.

"Okay."

We walk past a place that looks familiar. I look around and see the exact road Lee and I walked on after he rescued me.

I feel my eyes tearing up. I let out a depressed sigh.

"Clem, what's up?" He asks somewhat sternly due to my behavior.

I wipe my eyes and look down the road. What I see next makes my heart break into a thousand pieces and I nearly black out.