Arc 3: Chapter 3

"Look at this place." Clem gasps.

"Amazing isn't it?" Trenton smiles.

Clementine nods.

"Before I let you in Im going to ask you a few questions." Trenton says.

"Ok?" I say.

"Are either of you bitten?" He asks.

"No." I say.

"Are u sure? Your little girl is missing an arm." he says suspiciously.

"She was bitten, I saved her though." I look down at her.

"Waste a' good meat." he mumbles to himself. "Okay, surrender your weapons." he says acting like nothing happened .

I give him a suspicious look as I hand him all of my weapons, Clem does the same.

He takes our guns, even my machete. I feel somewhat sad as he walks away with it.

We walk through the doors, this is so similar to Wellington.

"Have you been to Wellington?" Trenton asks.

"Yeah, it became overrun by walkers, we barley escaped." I say.

"That's too bad. I heard that place was awfully successful." he says.

"Nothing seems to last a while where ever we go." I say.

"Well, let me bring you inside and show y'all around." He says guiding us inside the large wall.

The inside of the walls contains many homes, just like a neighborhood.

"Woah." I say as I look around.

"How many people are staying here?" Clem asks.

"Not many, about 10. We plan on getting more soon." He says.

"This is your home you'll be staying in, I'm your neighbor." he says with a smile.

I smile back.

"So you're just gonna give this place to us? Just like that?" I ask.

"Yeah," He says.

"Well okay then." I say.

"If you ever need anything, just come by. And I can watch Clementine anytime if you would like to go out and do something." He says to me.

"I think I'm old enough to stay at our place alone." She says crossing her arms.

"Hey, it was just a suggestion." he says.

I don't like how fond he is of Clementine.

"Well make yourself at home, we do have running water just like Wellington. Just encase you or Clementine would like to clean yourself." he says walking out of the house.

"That guys just weird." I say to Clementine.

"Tell me about it." she says.

"Look at this place! It's so much nicer then Wellington." I sigh.

"It is... Hey, Luke do you mind if I take a shower first to get the walker guts off of me?" She asks.

"Go ahead, I'm gonna check this place out." I say.

She smiles and heads into the bathroom.

"OH SHIT!" I shout.

"What?!" Clementine yells from the bathroom.

"I forgot AJ at the house!" I say running out the door.

Just as I open the door, I see Trenton standing in the doorway holding AJ.

"What the hell....?" I mumble.

"You forgot your baby, I had someone go get him for you. By the way, there's a crib in one of the rooms for the little guy." He says.

"Thank you." I say as I close the door.

I place AJ in the crib and continue to look around the house. I notice Clem's backpack laying on the floor.

Curiosity got the best of me.

I pick up her back pack and look inside. I see a picture of a man, that must be Lee. I can't help but feel bad about what I had done. There's also an empty water bottle, a lighter, ammo, and a journal.

I pick up the journal and sit on the couch. I open to the first page.

Page 1, I found this journal, it's really cool. So today, Luke and I hung out together at the cabin all day. We got to know each other way better. It may be weird to say... or write this but, I consider Luke my best friend. He's always there for me when I need him the most. Im so glad he's here again.

I felt warm and I smiled after reading that. I flipped through about a large amount of pages. I opened a page that was titled Page 17.

Page 17, I haven't been writing as much, not after what's happened. My arm hurts so badly after being broken. Luckily Luke was there to save me. I'm glad I have him.

I was interrupted by hearing the bathroom door open. I quickly hide her journal under the pillow that was next to me. Clementine walked out with only a towel covering her.

"Luke!" She says startled with a blush.

My eyes widened and I blushed when I saw her.

"Uh...Clem... I--" I fumble on my words as I get up and run into the other room.

I look at my reflection, something that hadn't been done in a long time.

My face was beat red.

"Fuck." I mumble to myself.

I hear the bathroom door slowly open as she leaves.

After she's gone I go back to the couch and open her journal again.

I flip through a few more pages.

Page 32, Around last week I was bitten by a walker, so Luke took my arm off. Then he leaves me defenseless in a tent, while he goes and screws around with his whore Allison! I fucking hate her and Luke! I'm thinking about running away with AJ when I get the chance. He doesn't even care about me. I wish Lee was here, he wouldn't ever do something like this to me. I miss you Lee.

I frown and close the journal.

Clementine walks out of the room, now dressed. And she gives me a smile.

"Hey Luke." she says.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure?" She says.

"Do you hate me?" I ask.

"What?" She asks.

"Do you hate me?" I repeat myself.

"No, of corse not you're my best friend." she says sitting down next to me on the couch giving me a hug.

"I love you Clem."

"I love you too Luke."