Arc 3: Chapter 9

The next day comes, no Carl. I miss him a lot already. Luke's gone to his job, maybe I can just sneak out to the diner.

I leave the house and walk to the diner.

Once I arrive I'm greeted by Trenton.

"Hey there pretty face." he says.

I give him an odd glance.

"Can you not tell Luke I'm here?" I ask.

"Of corse anything for you darlin'." He says with a wink.

"Thanks." I make a weird face. That guy is so weird.

When I walk through the door Carl's face lights up.

"I was sure he killed you." He laughs.

"I snuck out to come here." I say.

"Nice." he smiles.

"I wanted to see you." I smile.

-

Once the work day ended Carl gave me a kiss goodbye and I headed back to my house.

It was around the time Luke was suppose to be home, he didn't show up. AJ was in the nursery so I had nothing to do.

I lay on my bed for a little while when I suddenly feel really sick. I sprint to the bathroom and throw up. I take a deep breath and throw up again. I throw up a few more times and only bike comes up.

"What the hell?" I pant as I hang my head over the toilet.

After sitting there for a little while, I start feeling better so I walk over to the windowsill and watch the outside as I wait for Luke to return.

As I continue looking outside I see Trenton walking down the street with something metal and sharp in his hand heading to the diner.

I watch him for a moment before I run out there.

"Trenton, Trenton." I say getting his attention.

"Yes, honey?" He says with a warm smile.

"Do you know where Luke is?" I ask.

"Luke? No...I- I mean he could be anywhere, definitely not in the diner, that place is closed off." he says nervously lacking eye contact.

"Okay....? Thanks for your help." I say walking back to my house.

That made me suspicious, I wanted to check out the diner now. I knew this place was weird, they're hiding something in there.

Once Trenton disappears into the diner I quickly run over there. I look through the windows but the blinds are closed. I hear voices.

"So where are we gonna start first?" Trenton says.

"The leg, most meat on his leg." another voice says.

Fucking cannibals! That's what the meat was! It was human! I ate human meat!! Just like the St. Johns!!

"Alright bring em to the back where we can end his worthless life." Trenton says.

Who?

I try to open the door, it's locked. I take a bobby pin from my hair and successfully attempt picking the lock.

There's stairs that lead down to a basement.

I quietly head down the stairs and peek my head around the corner. I see who their next meal will be. My heart sinks and my blood runs cold.

It's Luke.