Arc 1: Chapter 18

I watch in horror. He gasps for breath after every cough. I feel tears streaming down my face.

"Luke! Please don't die!" I beg.

I have no idea what to do. He tries to speak but he isn't able to get it out.

"Please." I cry.

I hear him take a large breath and collapse to the ground.

"LUKE!" I shout.

I go over to his lifeless body. The thought of him being dead makes me cry even more. I remember, I must destroy the brain. I can't, I can't do it. I can't go through this again.

I think of Lee, I begin crying even more.

I slowly go over to Luke's body. I take the machete off of his back just incase he turns and tries to hurt me.

It has been a few hours, he still hasn't turned. I go over to him and press my head against his chest. I can hear his heart beat! He's still alive.

I lay my head down and try to fall asleep with the sound of walkers trying to break in the room. I'm awoken with heavy breathing. I look over and see Luke sitting up still gasping for breath.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Asthma.." he wheezes out.

"Wha- what do I do!?" I ask.

"Nothin." he says taking slow large breaths.

I watch him struggle for air. It hurts me to see him in this much pain. He is such a good man he doesn't deserve this.

"Just calm down Luke, take slow, deep breaths." I say trying to slow down his breathing.

He try's, but it's hard for him.

"Your gonna be ok Luke." I say grabbing his hand.

He continues to cough, just not as violently.

It's been about an hour. His breathing has slowed down a lot.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I ask.

"I... don't know yet. Clem, just give me a few more minutes..." he says still collecting his breath.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"I had an asthma attack." he says.

"What's that?" I ask not knowing what that was.

"It's where your lungs close up and you can't breathe. I could of died." he says.

"I thought you did die I was scared." I say.

"I'll be alright kid." Luke says

Sorry it's short.