Arc 4: Chapter 14

I wipe my mouth in disgust and lay down on the hard ground.

Just as I drift to sleep I'm alerted with the sounds of walkers. I slowly unzip the tent. My blood runs cold.

"Shit! I don't have a gun!"

I look around at the other tents, I see Lori and Rick slowly climb out with loaded guns. Carl's with them too.

"We gotta get out of here before this place becomes hectic!" Lori panics.

I let myself out of the tent.

"Clem! Get over here! Quietly!" Rick commands.

"Don't shoot. It'll only bring more." I say.

"They're already everywhere." Lori says.

"Come on! We need to move!" I command.

"Let's get to the RV." Rick says.

"Wait! What about the others!?" Lori panics.

"Its not our problem anymore." I say.

"We need to save these people!" She snaps.

"No! We need to get the hell out of here!" Rick raises his voice.

"Lori, look I know you want to save everyone, but the world is different now! You need to get out of here while you still can to keep your family safe!" I say.

She looks shocked and almost disgusted at my heartlessness. It's survival, if these people don't understand that then they won't last long.

"Come on!!" I scream.

Everyone else on the farm has gotten up and noticed the walkers too. There's screams and people panicking all over the place. Just what I wanted to avoid being apart of.

"We need to help these people!" Lori shouts pulling away from us.

"Mom stop!" Carl cries.

"Lori! You're going to get yourself killed!" I shout.

"Maggie! Where is everyone!?" Lori shouts.

"I don't know! C'mon we gotta get everyone together!" The woman named 'Maggie' says.

"Mom!!" Carl screams.

"We need to leave!" I order.

"We aren't going anywhere with out my wife." Rick growls.

There's so many walkers, I try to look for Lori who's already lost in the herd.

"Carl, stay here until I come back!" Rick says.

"Clem, keep Carl safe and get out of here!" He orders me.

I nod and watch him run into the herd after his wife.

"Dad! You can't leave us!" Carl yells.

"He'll find us Carl! We just have to go!" I say.

"I can't leave my parents!" He cries and runs into the large crowd of walkers.

"Shit! Carl!" I shout running after him.

I've already lost him. "Hello!? Rick! Lori!" I call. Before I get myself killed I decide to cover myself in their smell. I pat my body for a weapon but I don't have anything.

"Okay.." I let out a shaky breath before kicking a walkers knee sending it to the ground.

Before it can get up I stomp on it as hard as I can in the head, exposing all the contents that were once inside its skull.