Arc 3: Chapter 18

My worst fears are coming true. Luke remains lifeless on the ground.

"Clem! He's gone! He's gonna turn a second!" Carl screams.

I refuse to stop. I continue to put air into his lungs. Luke's mouth moves suddenly taking a gasp of air. Carl tackles me and takes out his gun pointing it at Luke's head.

"HES TURNING! IM ENDING THIS NOW!" Carl screams in my face.

My body fills with rage. I push Carl knocking him to the floor running back to Luke.

Carl quickly gets up and throws me off Luke.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I scream punching him in the mouth.

"Fuck!" Carl runs toward me sending a punch to my face. I dodged it. I take my heel and kick it down on his foot.

"Ow holy shit!"

"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!" I scream.

"He's DEAD!" Carl takes his gun and loads it about to shoot at Luke.

"NO!" I run in front of the gun just as Carl pulls the trigger.

Carl immediately drops the gun. His face is white.

I lay on the floor next to Luke. I tilt my head up searching for the wound. Its where my previous gun shot was. Blood pours out of me the longer I lay here.

Carl stands above me.

"Oh my god!"

I look up at him, his eyes fill with tears.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" He cries.

"Just save Luke!" I say.

"But what about you!?" Carl panics.

"I'll be fine." I say.

"But-"

"JUST DO IT!" I shout.

Carl tries to resuscitate him one last time. Tears roll down his cheeks as he tries to revive Luke.

"Cl- Clem! There's no use! He's gonna turn! I need to take care of you before you die too!" He cries.

"Carl, just save HIM!!" I scream.

"I am!" He shouts as he continues to press on his chest.

"That's not gonna work! He needs air!" I order.

"Clem no!" He shouts.

I turn my body onto my stomach, dragging myself moving towards Luke. I wince in pain.

I take a weak breath and fill it in Luke's lungs. I don't stop, my head begins to feel dizzy. I lift my head away and look at Luke's face. I refuse to let go, he can't be gone.

I take one final breath. My eyes are flooded with tears. He suddenly takes a large breath, choking and coughing.

His eyes open, to my surprise they were normal colored. I begin crying even more at the realization of him surviving.

I dive on to Luke, hugging him tightly. More and more tears come, they were tears of joy. I hug him so tightly I'm afraid he may suffocate. I kiss his face several times. I never want to let go of him, I never want to leave him.

He coughs a lot and looks at me confused. I get off of him then noticing the pool of blood forming underneath me staining my jacket.

Luke remains on the floor looking around the room and glancing up at me.

".....C-Clem....." Luke whispers.

"Luke...." I smile as more tears run down my face.

He coughs a few times and sits up. His eyes widen once he notices my wound.

"You're shot! What happened?" He asks concerned.

"We need to get you fixed up." he says.

I nod my head.

He grabs what medical supplies we have and tries to clean the wound.

"Nuuuu- gahhh" I squeal as he messes with the hole in my hip.

"I know! I know It hurts like hell! Try not to think about it!" He says.

"Ughhh" I moan in pain.

He looks into the wound. The bullets stuck in the same exact spot where the previous one was.

"Clem, I don't know how to get bullets out. We just gotta bandage you up. You'll be fine." he says.

I nod my head as he wraps a bandage around my waist.

Luke finishes up and starts a fire for us. Our skin was still slightly tinted blue from the cold.

I started to get really cold.

I sit next to Luke in front of the fire. I lay my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me.

"I'm glad you're okay." I say.

"I don't remember a thing, I passed out, but I could see myself. I could see you, you were crying and trying to drag me inside. It hurt to see you in pain, and there was nothing I could do. But then I woke up..." He says.

"You died." I say.

He stays silent.

"Your heart stopped, I thought I was going to loose you." I say.

"How did you get shot?" He asks.

"Carl. He was about to shoot you so you wouldn't turn. But I jumped in front of the gun to protect you." I say.

"Clem, don't ever do something like that again. Especially for me." he says.

"You're all I have, I cant do this with out you." I say sadly.

"You need to be ready for when I'm not there. Something like this could happen again." he says.

"It wont, I'll make sure of that. You'll always be here for me." I say.

"I'll do my best Clem." he says.