Arc 1: Chapter 11

After a long walk we finally arrive back at the cabin. I set Clementine down on the couch and inspect her wounds.

I check her gunshot first, the wound is forming into a scab so it will be more difficult to get the bullet out. I also look at her arm, it's broken. It seems to be just one big break. This will take a while to heal but at least it is not shattered. She also has a large bruise on her cheek with a welt going across it too. Poor kid.

I want to ask her if she is okay but I realize she needs time to re-cope. I grab the peroxide, and collect some snow from outside and put it in a plastic bag.

I told her to put the bag of snow against her bruised face while I tended to her gunshot.

"Ok, Clem. Uh, this is gonna hurt a lot." I tell her.

"Just do it." She says. Her voice is so low toned, she sounds weak. I can't blame her, she just went through a lot.

"Alright, could you lay down on your back so I can pour the peroxide in?" I ask. She sighs knowing it's going to hurt.

"Yeah." she says with a slight wine.

"Keep your arm on this pillow so that you don't hurt it again." I say. She slowly lifts her arm and readjusts it on the pillow.

"Ok, ready?" I ask for re assurance.

"Yeah." she confirms. I slowly pour it into her wound. Soon as the peroxide hits her she flinches and clenches her fist.

"Agh!" She exclaims.

"Sorry! Sorry!" I say. I try to be more gentle this time.

"Ow, Luke stop! It really hurts." She says holding her hand over her wound.

"Ok, tell me when your ready for me to finish." I say.

"Ok..." She says taking a deep breath.

"Alright." she says with a sigh.

I slowly pour it in the wound. She tenses up and clenches her fist tightly. It bubbles up inside the wound. I grab some bandages and wrap them around her waist.

"We'll have to clean it daily to make sure it doesn't get infected." I tell her.

"I'm just glad it's done." She says.

"Ok, now we gotta bandage up your arm." I say.

"Yeah, it really hurts." she says. It'll eventually fix itself but it'll take a while.

I go outside and find two equal length sticks that seem big enough to fit her arm. I return back to the cabin and gently place the sticks on her arm. Then I wrap the bandages around the sticks to keep them in place. I look up at her see her face cringe in pain.

"I'm sorry if it hurts." I say.

"It's not your fault." She says.

"Ok, I'm finished." I tell her. I look over and see the bag of snow on the table and hand it to her.

"Here hold this against your cheek." I tell her. "You hungry?" I ask.

"I guess." She says.

"You need to eat, here" I say as I hand her the can of soup.

"Luke, I wanted you to have this. This is all we have for food right now, you need to eat too." She tells me.

"I'll be fine Clem." I say.

"When was the last time you got to eat?" She asks.

"A few days ago." I say.

"I'm not eating this whole thing. Your sharing it with me." She says.

"Alright." I say. I grab a bowl and pour half of the can into it. I give Clem the bowl and I eat what's left from the can.

*Clem's P.O.V.*
Once I finished my meal, I curled up on the couch, rested my head against Luke's. I could her his heartbeat, it was the only thing human that I've heard in a long time.

Shortly after I drifted to sleep. It was a calm quiet rest of the night.

I woke up the next morning to see Luke watching me with a warm smile. "You looked peaceful." He says.

I just look up at him with my sleepy eyes. I continue to look at Luke, he is still smiling at me. I feel protected when I'm with him.

I slowly get up, and I get a sharp pain in my side.

"Clem, easy. You need to be gentle on yourself for a few days." He says.

"Yeah, I forgot about it." I say. I slowly walk around the cabin while Luke follows behind to make sure I don't hurt myself.

I walk to a window in the front of the cabin and feel the warm sun shine on my face. I still see the blood on the ground from that horrible day when we encountered Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo. I see a figure approaching the cabin. Probably just a walker. I get a better look at the figure and realize it's not a walker. When I see who it is my jaw drops.