Arc 3: Chapter 16

I'm woken up by Luke and Carl shouting at one another. I'm on Carl's lap, I glance up at him and see fire in his eyes. What happened?

"Luke you know nothing!" Carl shouts.

"I know I'm sure as hell not letting you get that girl in anymore trouble then she's already in!" Luke shouts back.

What? Are they talking about me?

"I didn't do anything!!" Carl shouts back.

"Yeah, 'fucking' a thirteen year old girl isn't anything!" Luke snaps.

Oh crap! He's still mad about that... maybe I should pretend to be asleep so I won't have to deal with this.

"Clementine can make her own choices! She could of stopped me but she didn't!" Carl blames me.

"You took advantage of her!" Luke shouts.

"She's not a little kid, I think she has some common sense!" Carl yells.

"She's still young and doesn't know when to make right choices!" Luke defends me.

"So you expect me to!? I'm only fifteen!" Carl shouts.

"You're fifteen and you did that shit to a thirteen year old!" Luke shouts getting angrier.

I've heard enough so I decide to jump in and defend Carl.

"He's only two years older then me! It's not a big deal!" I cross my arms.

"Clem? You heard that?" He asks.

"Yes I did!" I narrow my eyebrows.

"So you're defending him?" Luke says sounding shocked.

"Yeah, I am! He's my boyfriend Luke, if you can't accept that then we'll leave right now!" I say.

"No, don't leave. I- I just don't approve of him. He's only gotten you into trouble." he says.

"Nothing happened Luke." I say annoyed.

"Not yet! You don't know though, you could of gotten pregnant!" He says.

That scared me when I heard it. I don't want to end up like Rebecca. "I'm not pregnant. I'm fine noting will happen." I say in denial.

"You never know, but if you are... he's not staying with us..." Luke frowns.

"Hey, hold on! If she is pregnant then you can't just leave me! I'm the dad and I wanna be there for my baby!" Carl scowls.

"Guys... IM NOT PREGNANT!" I shout making it clear with both of them.

"I know, but if you are..."

"I'm not!" I snap.

"Clem, listen to me, you could be pregnant you never know. I just don't want to see you like that." Luke scowls.

"I'm not Luke! Just stop!" I frown.

"You're in denial. Open your eyes it could happen!" Luke scolds.

"She's not Luke, she's fine." Carl adds.

"I've seen..." Luke trails off.

"You've seen what?" Carl asks madly.

"Nothin..." Luke shakes his head.

"What?" Carl asks again.

"You're showing symptoms." He says.

My heart drops "What do you mean?" I ask.

"I... I just know, I can tell. You've been sick and throwing up for the last few days." Luke closes his eyes and frowns.

"So Im.... W- well maybe I'm not, I was just sick." I say.

Silence fills the car for a few moments.

"Clem, you okay? You're as white as a ghost." Carl says.

"Why would you think I'm okay?! Seriously after that conversation you'd think I'm okay?!" I snap.

"You'll be fine.." Carl says.

"Luke how do you even know?" I ask.

"I can just tell." Luke says.

"I can't believe this... this can't be happening." I say to myself.

"There's gotta be a way to stop this!" I say.

"Clem, I--I can't let you do that.." Luke says softly.

"It's my baby! I can do what I want!" I snap.

"Well it's my baby too! I should be able to make a decision too!" Carl says.

"Carl, stay out of this! This isn't your choice!" I shout.

"I have a right to choose! And I say we keep the baby." Carl says.

"No! I can't deal with this! I don't need to bring a baby into a world like this! We already have AJ! And I'm so young!" I say as I feel hot tears form in my eyes.

"Clem look, we'll sort this out later.." Luke says.

"Luke no! We need to make a decision now, the longer we wait the worse it's gonna be." I cry.

"Well I vote we keep the baby." Carl says.

"Me too." Luke adds.

"I can't believe either of you aren't supporting me! I could die!" I say.

"Clem, it's wrong for you to just kill our baby like this!" Carl says.

"It's not even a baby yet! We could just do it now and get rid of it before it's an actual baby." I say.

"Clementine, I don't like that idea." he says.

"Clem, doing it now is the same thing as doing it nine months from now. You're carrying a living person inside of you. It's murder." Luke says.

"Luke, I can't handle it! I can't go through with this!" I say.

"You just need to hold out. We need to see if you're actually pregnant and then we'll discuss it." Luke says.

"What are the chances of me not being?" I ask.

"It doesn't seem like much." he says.