Arc 2: Chapter 17

"Alright listen, I think it's time we get movin'." Luke says.

A few walkers have been showing up around the area. They've found us.

"Are you ready to move? Are you capable of getting away in a split second situation?" I ask.

"I... I think so..." he says uncertainly.

"If something bad happens you gotta be ready to move." I say.

"I know... just cover me, and if we go slow and quietly we won't be spotted... hopefully." he says.

"Okay, you wanna do this now?" I say.

"Yeah." he says grabbing his machete.

I fill my back pack with food and medical stuff.

"Ok I'll follow you." I say slumping my back pack over my shoulder.

He walks out the door and freezes in his steps. There are more then just "A few" walkers outside. There's are large herd right in front of us. How did they get here? What caused this many to be drawn to the area?

"Ok, Clem be very quiet." he orders.

I follow closely behind him as we quietly trudge past the walkers.

There's so many!

"We probably should cover ourselves with the walker guts." I whisper.

"Yeah, it'll be safer." He says.

"Give me your machete." I say.

He tosses me the machete and I quickly take one down. The machete slices through the clothes and rotting flesh of the walker. I scoop up and handful and smear it across my body and face. It was the worst experience you could ever imagine. It wreaked and it was cold. The slimy feeling of rotting intestines rubbing across your face made me want to puke. I shivered with disgust. It was the worst, ever since I was little with Lee, Ive always hated it.

Luke smears it on himself too. I can hear him mumbling to himself about how gross it is, I see him clenching his teeth and making a weird face. He hated it too. I chuckled at his reaction, it was like mine but worse and more funny.

"Ok follow me." Luke says as he continues to walk through the herd.

After a few moments, we can finally see an open space. Luke begins to run towards the clearing, holding his side.

"Wait up!" I shout with out thinking. All the walkers around turn to me and launch on top of me.

"Luke help!" I shout, probably drawing more walkers.

I'm on the ground with a walker on top of me snapping it's teeth.

"Oh fuck!" Luke shouts as he runs back into the heard.

I try to kick the walker off but it's too heavy.

"Where are you!?" Luke says desperately looking around for me.

"Agh! Luke help me!" I squeal.

I look over and see him the the corner of my eye shoving his machete in the scull of any walker in his path.

The walker it too strong, it's about to take a large bite out of my shoulder. Luke makes it just in time to save my life.

He stabs the machete right through the head of the walker.

"Come on!" He says pulling me up by my hand and sprinting through the herd.

We run until there are no more walkers in sight.

We finally stop. Luke bends down and puts his hand on his knees breathing heavily.

"Agh, man I... I need to sit..." He says.

"Thanks for saving me." I say.

"No problem kid." he pants.

We gaze into each other eyes for a few moments. He leans his head closer to mine, slightly pouting his lips.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Uh, nothin' why?" He blushes bright red.

"Never mind." I blush as well.

We continue to walk pretending that never happened.