Arc 4: Chapter 24

"Alright take your time." I say to Luke.

"Thanks Clem. I don't really know whats going on. I may be comin' down with a little somethin'." He says.

"That's why I'm letting us stay here and rest up so we don't wear ourselves out." I say.

"So, do you think we'll ever find the others again?" I ask.

"I doubt it Clem.." He says sadly.

"We've gone so far, there's a one in a million chance that we'll find them all again. And even if we did, I doubt they'd all still be alive, they've probably all ended up like Nick." He continues.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It ain't your fault. There's nothing you could of done. This is all Nicks fault, even dead he's a fuck up." He says getting annoyed.

"How?"

"He's the reason we got lost in the damn first place! We went out looking for him and then forgot how to get back. I mean it's not like I have or had anything to loose though." He says.

"Hey, you have me." I say.

"I know,"

"And I'll never leave you." I say.

"I'm glad to hear that, I'll never leave you either." He smiles.

"You should get some rest to sleep off what ever you've got going on." I say.

"You sure? You need rest too." He says.

"Yeah, I'm fine Luke. Just get some sleep." I say.

"Thanks Clem."

I nod my head and smile.

-

The sun begins to peak over the horizon. It was so quiet.

My eyelids grew heavier and heavier the longer I stayed up.

Maybe I should wake up Luke, so I can sleep. No, he needs the rest. I'm sure we'll be fine if I just fall asleep. I'm a really light sleeper so if a walker came upon us I could wake up and kill it. There haven't been any walkers all night though. I'm sure we'll be fine.

I curl up on the ground, my gun placed beside me, as I drift to sleep.

-

My eyes flutter open, the sun right above me hits directly into my eyes.

I sit up and look over to Luke.

To my surprise I see a walker feasting off of his body.

No... How long did I sleep? How did I not hear it!?

"NO!" I scream and shoot the creature that just made a snack out of Luke.

"Luke!?" I scream as I walk over to his body.

"Not so fast, Clementine." I feel a gun to the back of my head.

This man's voice is familiar.

I slowly turn around and see Nick behind me, now shoving a gun in my face.

"Nick... Don't do this." I say.

"Look what you did, you got Luke killed. You son of a bitch!" He spats.

Blood stats to pour from his neck as he stands in front of me about to end my life.

"Y-your neck, it's..."

"-bleeding? I know, this is all your fault Clementine." He says.

"What?"

"You got me killed, you got everyone you know and love killed. Luke's next, deep down in that little head of yours you know Luke's next." He says.

"No! He's not! You don't know anything!" I growl.

"I've heard enough." Just as he cocks his gun, I see a bullet hit the back of his head and come out his eye.

"OH MY GOD!" I shout, mortified at what happened.

"Clem," some one walks from behind Nicks dead body, Lee.

I put my hand over my mouth, as tears flood my face.

"Lee..." I whisper.

I reach my hand out and caress his face.

He looks sick, and pale. His arms gone.

"Why'd you have to kill me Clem?" He asks.

"What?"

"Why'd you do it?" He asks.

"I-- didn't. Y-you told me to. I didn't want to. I'm so sorry." He wipes the tears off of my face.

"You don't need to apologize to me sweet pea. You need to apologize to Luke. He's next."

My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach.

"No! STOP! ALL OF YOU JUST STOP! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" I fall of my knees and put my hands over my ears.

"..Clem!" A distant voice shouts.

"CLEMENTINE!!" My eyes beam open.

Luke looks directly into my eyes, they're filled with so much worry and fear.

"Clem!!" He shouts and hugs me tightly.

"Luke... Oh my god! It was just a dream! Thank god... It was just a dream."