Arc 2: Chapter 9

"Clementine." Luke says following after me as I walk down the stairs.

"What?" I growl.

"I apologize for Allison's behavior." Luke says kneeling down.

"Why does she have to be so mean to me?" I ask, my anger now turning into sadness.

"She's very hormonal and she has jealously issues." Luke says.

"She's jealous of me? You're kidding, right? " I ask.

"Yeah, your another person that's really close to me that I love." He says.

"Wow, that's sad. She's jealous of a twelve year old." I shake my head.

"But wait, you love me?" I ask. I hadn't had someone tell my they loved me in a long time.

"Yeah." he says nodding his head.

"I love you too, Luke." I say hugging him. It felt nice to be loved again. My parents weren't here, neither was Lee. He was all I had left.

I felt him slightly release the from our embrace, then he realized I wasn't letting go. I continued to hug him tightly, I closed my eyes. It felt like time stopped. It was really nice being in his arms. I felt protected again.

I finally released and looked into he's eyes for a while while he looked back at me slightly smiling.

We are interrupted by Allison shouting for Luke.

"Luke, I'm starving! Feed me!" she shouts.

I walk into a room down stairs and plop on the nice soft bed. I hadn't slept in a nice quality bed in forever. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

*Luke's P.O.V.*

I come up the stairs to see what Allison wants.

"Luke! Give me food." she demands.

"When was the last time you ate?" I ask.

"Like yesterday!" She says crossing her arms at the lack of care I've given her.

I hand her a granola bar.

"Here ya go." I say.

"What? This isn't enough to feed me!" She throws the food on the ground.

"Yeah it is, it's all Clem and I've been living off of." I say.

"Well not you're pregnant like me!" She says rudely.

I sigh.

"Give me two!" She demands.

"We only have three." I say.

"Yeah, two for me and one for you." She says happily as she stuffs the granola bar in her mouth.

"What about Clem?" I ask.

"That bitch? That little fat ass doesn't need to eat." She says with a mouth full of granola bar.

"What ever." I say walking down the stairs.

I look at the granola bar. I'll just give it to Clementine, she needs it more then I do. She's a growing girl.

*Clem's P.O.V.*

I wake up pretty hungry. I don't remember when I ate last. I think it was when I got into that fight with Luke. I still feel bad about that.

I get out of the bed, my stomach grumbles. I go into the kitchen and look for food. I don't see any.

"Luke?" I call out.

No response.

I quietly head up stairs and see Allison passed out on the floor with all of our food.

She seriously ate almost everything! I see two empty wrappers and a granola bar next to them on the floor, I pick it up and unwrap it, the noise wakes Allison up.

"What are you doing!?" She shouts.

"Getting food since you pretty much ate it all!" I snap.

"I need this food for my baby or else it'll die!" She shouts.

"And I need this food for my stomach or else I'll die!" I say mocking what she said.

"Go ahead and just die, no one cares about you anyways!" She says.

"I'm eating this." I say.

"Give it to me!" She shouts.

I ignore her and walk down the stairs taking a bite out of the granola bar.

"Fuck you Clementine!" She shouts.

I don't even respond, she is so immature.

I go back into my room and wait for Luke to return.

Where is he anyways? I hope he's ok. I look out the window and see the streets filled with walkers. I become very worried.