Arc 2: Chapter 13

I stare down at Allison. She looks up at me devilishly smiling.

"For everything that you've done, you don't deserve to live!" I shout.

"Then kill me!" She shouts still smiling.

"I... I can't." I say.

Killing someone because they made a mistake and they are a total piece of shit doesn't mean they deserve to die, I mean I know Ya' want them to but it's not right. People are dying left and right. We need to keep as many people alive as possible and killing them because they did something wrong... it's... its not right! I know it in my bones.

"I knew you couldn't! Pussy!" She shouts.

"I'm not killin' you." I say lowering my gun.

"You're gonna stay tied up though." I order.

"If I even get near Clementine I'm killing her!" She shouts.

"That's exactly why I'm tying you up!" I glare at her.

"Good luck! She's gonna die Luke. I'm gonna kill her... just wait." She says.

I walk away and hear those words booming in my head.

Just wait.

I go to Clementines room and see her fast asleep. I look at her, she looks peaceful. I feel glad to have her. I begin to hear those words again.

Just wait.

I'm gonna keep Clementine near me at all times to make sure Allison doesn't have to opportunity to hurt her. I looked at the woman dead in the eye when she said that and I knew she wasn't lying.

-

It's been 2 months. I've kept Clem safe and far away from Allison. Her words still ring in my head.

Just wait.

I've been tense ever since then. I haven't been able to sleep right.

Allison looks like she's about to pop so it's harder for her to move around. Harder for her to get to Clem.

Clem has recovered well and has started going hunting with me. It was my idea, I'm never leaving her alone with Allison again.

"Clem I'm about to go huntin!" I shout.

She comes speeding to the door ready to join me.

"I'm ready." she says loading her gun.

We walk out the door and head into the woods.

"Luke, you look really stressed. Are you ok?" She asks.

"I... it's nothin." I hadn't told Clem about what Allison said. I didn't want her to get scared. I also don't want her to kill Allison, especially not when she's about to bring a new life into the world. We need more people in the world and this situation isn't gonna get better and we need to make the best of it.

"Luke you can tell me." she says rolling her eyes.

"I don't want you to kill Allison." I say.

"What? That's it? You don't want me to kill Allison? You've already told me that." She says.

"No, she told me something. I don't want you to be scared or angry. But I think you're old enough to handle it." I say.

"I'm almost 13." she says boasting about her age.

"I know that's why I think you can handle it responsibly." I say.

She raises her eyebrow somewhat annoyed that I haven't told her yet.

"Ok, Allison told me that she will do and try anything to kill you." I say.

"What why?! What's her deal with me!" She asks sounding scared.

"I just don't want you to kill her." I say cautiously.

"But she deserves it! She's gonna kill me unless I do!" She shouts.

"No! See this is why I knew you weren't old enough to know!" I say angrily.

"Yes I am! But she's going to kill me!" She says.

"Trust me Clem, I'm not gonna let her hurt you." I say.