Arc 2: Chapter 8

I take my gun out and begin shooting walkers.

Allison stands there watching us do all the fighting.

"Get em Luke!" she says.

"There's too many! I'm wasting ammo!" I shout.

"Shit, you're right! Luke says.

"Run!" I shout.

We run through the neighborhood and run into a house.

There are more walkers inside.

I begin shooting them again and Luke shoves his machete in their heads.

"Good job Luke!" Allison says cheerfully.

She's so annoying, I can't believe Luke didn't leave her.

"Alright, this place seems secure for now." Luke says.

"What are we going to do about all the walkers out there?" I ask pointing out the window.

"We'll have to work on that. We just gotta make sure they don't box us in this house." He says.

"Worse case scenario we could just escape off of the roof." I suggest.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Luke says.

"I need to sit down, this is too much work for one day" Allison says heading up stairs.

I roll my eyes.

"Unbelievable.." I say to myself.

"What?" Luke asks.

"She's acting like she did everything, she didn't kill a single walker. She's just a liability. All she did today was walk with us." I complain.

"Well she's pregnant she's gotta-" Luke is interrupted by Allison screaming.

I run upstairs with Luke and see her wrestling a walker.

"Luke! Please help me!" She shouts.

I grab my gun and aim it towards the walker. I move my gun slightly to the left which is now targeted on Allison's head.

Do it! A voice in my head rings. Kill her, she's been nothing but awful to you. She tired to kill you, she probably will kill you unless you end it now!

You can just kill her now and end it all. Everything would be back to the way it would be, just you and Luke.

But if I did, Luke would be so angry with me. I'd be responsible for murdering his girlfriend and his child. I can't do it, I would feel terrible afterwards.

Luke would get over it, he's a tough guy. Do it! You know her and Luke aren't capable of taking care of two babies.

I can't just kill her, it's just as bad as killing a baby.

It hasn't developed into a baby yet!

I can't do this. Maybe I could just let the walker kill her instead and say I didn't have any bullets. Yeah, that sounds believable. I wouldn't feel guilty cause I was "out of bullets" then it wouldn't be my fault.

I lower my gun and watch the walker snap it's teeth at her neck just barely missing the skin.

Come on, come on. Just bite her already!

Everything has been interrupted by Luke. He runs up to the walker and directs it's attention on him.

"Luke what are you doing!?" I shout.

"I saving my child!" Luke replies bravely.

I raise my gun and with out hesitation shoot the walker in the head.

"Thanks Clem." he says.

"Yeah.." I say, my heart still pounding from the exciting event.

"Thanks for saving Luke, and not me!" She shouts at me.

"What?" I ask pretending I didn't know what she was talking about.

"You had your gun up ready to shoot, then you put it down! But the second Luke's life was in danger you stepped up with your badass little gun and shot that damn walker!" She shouts.

"Look Allison, she was probably just afraid." Luke says defending me.

"Of corse! Taking the little girls side again!" She shouts smacking her hands against her legs.

"Calm down." Luke says holding his hands up.

"I am calm!" She shouts.

"Clearly." I mumble.

"Shut the fuck up!"

"With all that screaming you're sure to draw more walkers." I say.

"Yeah, like you'll help any. You're just a liability, a worthless little girl! You can't do anything with out the help of your 'mommy and daddy'." she says mockingly.

"Just so you know my mommy and daddy and dead!" I shout getting up in her face.

"Awe poor baby. My mom and dad are dead too kid, deal with it!" She shouts.

"Fuck off." I say storming out of the room.