Arc 1: Chapter 20

We run into the woods, I'm worried how Luke will react to the bite.

We've been running for a while. We're pretty far from Wellington now.

We finally stop and take a breath. I'm more winded then usual, probably because of the bite. I should tell Luke.

"Luke..." I say timidly.

He looks over at me with his hands on his knees still gasping for breath.

"I gotta tell you something, it's really important." I say.

He looks over at me and raises his eyebrow still panting.

"Please don't get upset." I say feeling tears forming in my eyes.

"What happened?" He says sternly narrowing his eyebrows.

I lift up my sleeve revealing the teeth marks.

His face says it all. I see tears form in his eyes as stares in disbelief.

"That's not... no! No! Fuck! No!" Luke cries out.

"I'm sorry Luke." I say, my voice getting shaky.

"When did this happen?" He asks.

"Right before we left Wellington." I say.

"Maybe.. maybe there's time! Maybe I can still save you!" Luke says uneasily.

I suddenly get scared at the thought of what's about to come. I know exactly what his idea is.

Cut it off.

"I... I don't know, it may be too late." I say squeamishly.

"It will be unless we do this now!" Luke shouts as he pulls his machete out.

I back away from him as he approaches me.

"We are doin this now Clem!" Luke shouts.

"Luke please no! I don't want to lose my arm!" I beg.

"I don't want to loose you!" He shouts.

He ties the rope around my arm so tight that it begins to get cold.

"Ok on three! One... two... three!" He shouts as he shoves the machete down on my arm full force.

"FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCK!" I scream in agony.

"Shit I gotta cut the bone!" I hear Luke say.

I look up at him and see him sending his machete down on my arm for a second time.

This pain was unreal. I screamed uncontrollably, my ears rang and my vision was becoming blurry.

"I'm almost through!" I hear Luke say.

My vision gets blurrier and black circles engulf my eyes. I'm going to die. I look up at Luke once more and see him sending the machete down on my arm one last time before everything goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look up and see the sun shining in my face coming through the fall leaves hanging off of the tree.

I'm on a farm being pushed on a swing. I look down at my little legs as they kick back and fourth happily.

"Hey Clementine." I hear a deep voice say.

I look up and see Lee.

"Hey Lee." I say in my bubbly eight year old voice.

"How do you like the farm?" He asks.

"It's pretty." I say.

He chuckles at my cute response.

"Lee?" I ask.

"Yeah sweet pea?"

"Do you think things will ever get back to how they were?" I ask obliviously.

"Yeah, I'm not sure when... but yeah." He assures me.

"That's good." I say.

He continues to push me on the swing as I look around admiring the beautiful sunset and fall leaves.

"I've gotta do a few things with Danny in a little while." He says.

"Please be ok." I say.

"I will, I've had good luck ever since I've been with you." Lee says.

"Ok Clementine, let Duck have a turn." Lee says stopping the swing allowing Duck on as Kenny pushes him.

I get off of the swing and watch him walk to Danny.

He turns around to me and says, "I gotta do some things with Danny real quick."

"Please be lucky." I say as I see him walk out of the gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, I'm outside. Its dark and cold.

I look at my arm and all the remains is a stump. As I begin to regain consciousness, I can feel my arm, it feels like it's on fire.

I try to sit up but its too hard.

"Agh, Luke?" I say laying in the floor holding a bloody stump that was once my arm.

"Clementine!" He says with a sigh of relief.

"I thought you weren't gonna make it." he says.

"My arm really hurts." I push out with what energy I have.

He picks me up and carries me over to the fire and tent he had.

"I got this tent from one of the hunters that was left behind." He explains.

"I... just need to lie down." I say.

He puts me in the tent while he sits by the fire and guards me.

I have a major head ache and I feel really sleepy. I close my eyes and go back to sleep.

The next morning I wake up feeling for symptoms to see if the infection set in. I don't feel ill.

"Luke?" I ask from inside the tent.

I peek my head out and see that he is missing. I'm so vulnerable, I have a broken arm on my right and no arm on my left.

He left his machete, I see my blood sitting on the blade. I grab it and drag it into the tent with me just encase a walker tries to attack me.

It's been all day and Luke still hasn't returned. It's now getting dark and I'm getting very worried.

If Luke isn't here to protect me when I need him most, I'm going to die.