Arc 4: Chapter 6

I close my eyes really tight and try to ignore the pain of the knife that's cutting through my skin. If only someone knew we were back here.

"Does that hurt honey?"

I shake my head and bite my lip.

"Good.." he maliciously smirks.

I'm dead, he's going to kill me right now.

"Please leave me alone." I beg.

"Why the hell do you think I would do that?"

"Becau--" I'm cut off.

"Clementine?" I hear Nicks voice draw closer.

"Nic-" I'm stopped by Nate taking his knife and cutting it across my face, just missing my eye.

I let out a small yelp.

"I said shut the fuck up!" He barks.

I see the Nick walk into the room we are in.

Nate immediately drops the knife, pulls out a gun and points it to my head.

"I'll kill her! I'll fucking kill her!" He presses the gun hard against my temple.

Nick has his gun aimed at Nate, if Nick does one wrong move were both dead.

"N-Nick!" I panic.

I'm now in a head lock, being slightly choked by Nate's arms.

"Luke! Help!" I cry to his unconscious body that lays inches away from us

"He ain't getting up." Nate laughs.

I can see the worry on Nicks face.

"I'm going to kill her anyways, so how 'bout you stay here and watch the show."

"You're fucked up man!" Nick grits his teeth.

"Ha, ha, yeah I am. Good job noticing. Okay, well I'm going to continue what I'm doing." He takes his knife back out and presses slightly into my neck.

"NO!" I choke out.

"I said shut the fuck up bitch!" He screams in my face.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Nick defends me.

"I don't need your input, kid." Nate growls.

I feel tears run down my face.

I'm suddenly sent to the ground, Nate is beside me. I look and see that Luke has ahold of his ankle. I scramble free.

"Nick shoot him!" I pant.

He fires the gun, the bullet goes into Nate's chest, just missing his heart.

"Get him in the head!" I demand.

"Not yet." Nick stomps toward him and kicks his face hard, most likely breaking his nose.

Nate sputters and coughs as his lunges fill with blood.

I help Luke get up. There's a blood stain on the side of his leg where the bullet hit.

"Come on." I put my arm over his back and he puts his across my shoulders for balance.

I grab the bag I left on the ground and continued to make my way out of the diner with Luke.

"I'll be out in a minute." Nick says in a low, intimidating voice.

I take Luke outside and I sit on the ground waiting for Nick to finish up what ever kind of torture he's putting Nate through.

"Let me see your leg." I say. I gently examine the wound on the back of his calf, it looks like it went completely through.

"I tried to run but then he pulled out his gun, and before long I had a bullet in my leg." Luke says.

I look through the bag and see bandages, nothing to clean it though. I take the bandages and wrap them around his leg

"Agh" Luke jerks his leg in pain.

"Sorr-" I'm cut off by the sound of a gun shot coming from inside the diner.

Shortly after I see Nick walk out with a poker face, covered in blood.

"Nick, what did you do to him?" I ask.

"He learned his lesson."

I turn back to Luke and tend to his wound. I'm trying the best I can with this kind of thing. I don't really know how to treat a gun shot thought.

"Don't move." I order Luke as I wrap the bandage around his leg.

"Agh, thanks Clem." he winces.

"Can you walk?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll just need some help."

"You can lean on me if you have to." I say.

"I got him." Nick says.

I nod my head.

I stare at Nick awkwardly for a few moments before his expression changes.

"Clem, your face is bleeding." He says.

"What?" I wipe my fingers across my face and notice my fingers covered in blood.

"Nate cut my face with his knife." I explain.

"What a fucking asshole." Nick growls.

I sigh in response.

"So Luke, where are we going?" Nick asks.

"I don't know, I don't want to sleep in the woods another night." He replies.

"Neither do I." I add.

"I think theres a community a few miles ahead." Luke says.

"Let's not just stand around here then." Nick says.

We head down the road as the sun sets behind us.

"Hey Clem look." he turns around watching the sun set. The sky was painted a series of pinks and oranges.

Luke and I stop where we are and watch the sun fall behind the trees in the distance.

"It's beautiful." I look at Luke. His brown eyes sparkle as the last bits of the sun hit him, revealing a series of different colors.

It was peaceful for once.