Arc 2: Chapter 16

What's Luke gonna think? He told me he didn't want me to kill her. I look at her lifeless body. I feel myself get cold and I feel guilty.

Where is Luke?

I walk down stairs and see a knife next to the torn rope that had her hands tied back.

I walk into Luke's room and see him laying in a pool of blood.

"What the hell?!" I gasp.

I run over to Luke's body, he grunts in pain. I see a stab wound that goes in through his side and out the other. It's in the same place I was shot.

"What happened!?" I panic.

"Agh, she stabbed me." he pants.

"What?! Allison!?" I ask.

"Yeah, she said she was goin' for you. Seems like you got her though." he says cringing his face in pain.

"Just- just hold on." I say placing my hands out in front of me.

I'm shocked. I begin to shake in fear of his life. I sprint into the kitchen and scramble the drawers in search of the first aid kit.

I run back to Luke's room and quickly grab the bandages. I lift up his shirt and wrap the bandages around his waist just as he did for me.

"Thank you Clem. Agh!" he seethes.

"You're gonna be okay." I say trying to remain calm.

"She got me with my own machete." he says.

"She was about to kill me but... I killed her. And I'm not proud of it." I admit.

"How? If you didn't destroy her brain were gonna have a walker to deal with soon." He says worrisome.

"I did, I shot her right in the head." I say.

"Is she still up there?" He asks.

"Yeah..." I say.

"We're gonna have to get rid of it." he says flatly.

I look down at Luke's wound. Silence fills the room.

-

It's been a few hours and Luke is able to get up.

"We gotta bury her." Luke says.

"You're not strong enough yet. I'll take care of it." I say.

"Thanks Clem." he says with kind eyes.

I head upstairs and drag her body back down with me. This is disgusting.

I open the front door and walk into the street.

A streak of blood follows where her body was dragged.

I set her body down on the street and look for walkers.

I see a few straying around.

"Hey! Hey! Over here!" I shout clapping my hands trying to attract them.

They begin to limp towards me. I run back into the house and watch them find Allison's body.

They tear through her flesh eating her insides. It's gross but I feel kinda good that I did this. She deserved this fate.

Then it hit me. What is wrong with me? What have I become? What I just did was so wrong. I don't understand why I've become this way.

I look out the window and feel nothing but guilt.

"What did I do..." I whisper.

I walk into my room and lay on the bed. I need to be alone and think to myself for a while.

-

It's been all day and I remain in the bed.

"Clem?" I hear Luke say from upstairs. He's been up there to take care of AJ.

"Yeah?" I say back.

"Come here." he says.

I get up and walk upstairs.

"Whats wrong?" I ask.

"I just wanted to check on you. I can't really get up and move around just yet." he gives me an innocent smile.

"I'm fine." I lie.

"No you're not. Somethings bothering you." He says looking me in the eye.

"You'll be mad at me." I say breaking eye contact from him.

"What did you do?" He asks sternly.

"I didn't bury Allison... I did something way worse." I confess.

He doesn't say a word. He just glares at me waiting for me to just say it.

"I left her body outside to the walkers." I say.

"Clem why!?" He asks.

"I'm sorry I didn't do what you said. I was mad, at the time I thought she deserved it." I say.

"That's a really stupid thing to have done!" He shouts.

"I know! I'm sorry." I hang my head low, upset with myself for what I did.

"You could've gotten killed. That's what I'm mad about." He says.

"I'm really sorry." I say sincerely.

"It's okay, just please don't do anything like that again. I don't want you getting hurt." he says in a fatherly manner.

It was weird how he's been treating me more like his child then a little sister. He was treating me how Lee did.

Weird.