Arc 4: Chapter 12

"Where the hell could Clementine be?" Luke panics.

"I don't know Luke, but if you want this situation to get any better, you'll need to stop panicking and use your head." I say.

"Right, okay." he takes a deep breath and tries to get level headed.

"Oh god! What if she's dead!" Luke panics again.

"Luke calm the fuck down!" I shout.

"Get in the car, we can just drive around the streets looking for her." I suggest.

"That's all we can do right now, I mean we have no trace of her what so ever!" Luke shouts.

I turn the keys and start driving around aimlessly.

--

I watch Lori approach Glenn and another dark haired woman.

I watch them for a few moments before I see the other woman start yelling at Lori.

"What the hell is going on over there?" I say out loud.

"You shouldn't worry about other people's business." Shane snarls.

I had, had enough of everyone's bullshit.

"Was I talking to you? No I wasn't, so you shouldn't worry about my business." I snap.

"Don't test me kid! I can throw you out to the walkers and make everyone think you got bit and I 'ended' it for you." he says getting him my face.

"You don't have to threaten me, you wouldn't do anything. Especially with everyone around like this." I jeer.

Shane looks side to side and grabs ahold of my neck tightly with both hands.

"You want to fucking try me?!" He grits his teeth.

My hands grasp tightly onto his as he tightens his grip on my throat.

I gasp for air.

"You think I won't kill you?!" He grasps onto my neck tighter then before.

I try to call for help but I'm unable to get a noise to come out.

--

"Fuck man! What are we suppose to do?" Luke asks frantically.

"I don't know, man. I mean we could travel into the suburbs and see if she headed there?" I say.

"I only hope she made it there." he says putting his hand on forehead.

I let out a sigh.

"Nick, why the hell would you just leave her?!" Luke barks.

"I had to Luke! I felt horrible about doing it but I needed to keep US safe! I left her there because I knew she'd be safe in there! I didn't know she would run away--"

"Well Nick, can you really fucking blame her!? You make the poor girl go into an abandoned store, probably filled with walkers ALONE! Then you just ditch her!" Luke interrupts me.

"If she would of just stayed put, like I planned then we would all be here and this wouldn't be an issue!" I shout back

"Look man, if we want to find her then we need to stop fighting." Luke says calming down.

"Alright." I take a deep breath.

"Maybe she headed towards that farm?" I say.

"Yeah, let's check around there. Where ever she is, I just hope she's safe." Luke says.

--

I feel Shane's large hands strangle my neck. I can barely breathe.

I begin to claw his arms until he starts to bleed.

"Ow fuck!" He shouts.

I dig my nails harder into his hands making blood drip off of them.

With one final attempt to free myself I stretch my arms across his and I dig my thumbs into his eyes.

"EURGHHH!" He screams releasing me.

I fall to the floor gasping for air and coughing.

I look up and see Shane charge after me, blood drips from his eyes.

He kicks me in the stomach knocking the breath out of me again.

"Get up! Get the fuck up!" He shouts grabbing the collar of my shirt making me stand up.

I could barely hold my own weight so I collapsed to the ground again.

"I said get up!" Shane yells grabbing my collar again making me stand up.

With what little breath I have I use it to scream as loud as I can.

"Make another sound and I will kill you!" He aims his gun at me.

"SHANE!" Rick shouts from the distance.

"Shane, what the hell is goin' on!?" Rick asks.

"He tried to kill me!" I cry.

Shane points the gun at Rick quickly.

"Woah, easy Shane." Rick puts his hands up surrendering.

I'm just about to launch on top of Shane, but he turns around and points the gun back at me.

"You're surrounded." I say.

"Oh yeah? Says who?"

"Says me!" Rick says punching him in the face and taking the gun out of his hands.

"Clem, get outta the way." Rick orders.

I do as he says.

"R-Rick, c'mon. You're not going to really shoot me are you?" Shane laughs.

"You nearly killed that little girl! How can I know that you won't do it again!?" Rick shouts.

I head back to the house and I hear a gunshot. I turn around and see Shane's body fall to the ground.

"Clem! Go inside and let Hershel know what just happened!" Rick shouts to me.

I nod my head and walk into the house.