Chapter Four

^ A vision for Sky's room ^

_________________________________

T h e H o l l o w s O f
H    I    R    A    E T H
_________________________________

"–okay? That 'girl' is my best friend, Sky." I nodded along, sensing that Jameson was very angry at me, but not totally caring about it.

"Do you have any respect at all?" He asked, finally quietening down after a ten-minute lecture. When he did, I could hear his heavy breathing.

I crossed my arms over my chest, huffing. "I only said one rude comment to your stupid girlfriend–"

"–she's not my girlfriend! God, Sky, how many times–"

"–don't blaspheme! Plus, it's not like it was undeserved; she was rude."

"Sky," Jameson began, deadpan, "Eden isn't exactly a ray of sunshine when she meets new people; she's apprehensive."

"Obviously," I muttered under my breath but cleared my throat when Jameson rose an eyebrow at me. "It was rude to me, that's all."

At that moment, a boy blitzed past, yelling something about condoms, pushing past me and sending me reeling into the lockers beside us. Jameson reached out, steadying me, before withdrawing his hands and crossing them over his chest, returning to being a brick wall.

I sighed, turning around and heading in the direction we were walking in before our bickering turned argument turned into a battle, in which nothing else could possibly happen simultaneously.

During my walk through never-ending traffic jams, I found myself pondering about the next school day, and how I slipped into a trance of my memories just half an hour ago. How am I going to cope tomorrow when I couldn't cope today—when there was just two of us in the room? Tomorrow there will be more—many more.

I bit the inside of my cheek, feeling myself falling back into my trance. Homesickness is all consuming. "I hope you're not too mad at me, JJ," I began, needing something to distract me, "because I don't see how you can protect me if you hate me." Jameson rolled his eyes and pulled me away from someone I was about to walk into.

"I told you not to call me JJ," His face held a poker expression, but I could hear in his voice that he was fighting to keep his cool. "And I don't hate you," he sighed, "I'm not allowed to hate you."

"That's not very convincing." I responded, watching as the edge of his lip upturned slightly.

"So I don't hate you, I'm mad at you for what you said. Eden isn't that kind of girl, you just don't know her." I rolled my eyes but stayed silent. Although it killed me to admit, if anyone was pointing out the truth here, it's Jameson; they are best friends.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw as Jameson turned to look at me as if he was expecting me to talk back. But not once did I open my mouth.

Jameson guided me up a flight of stairs, "Lessons are finished." He announced, "Of course, the school days are usually longer but you came in late so you missed five of the lessons." I nodded, still not allowing myself to speak, afraid that I would verbally vomit and say things I would regret.

"These are the dorm rooms," He gestured to the many doors in front of us in the hall. We were walking down a very long corridor, it had rooms either side and they carried on down farther than I could see.

Jameson and I walked for what seemed like ages, and I swear the next millennium year came before we arrived at what I guessed was my dorm room. Jameson pulled out a key and unlocked the door, stepping aside to let me walk in first.